Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should i do next a 2.5 flex, 12" sub and box or underdrive pulley?

and i have another question

whis is the difference between stock zetech maf and svt maf?

·
Registered
226 Posts
it kinda depends on what you have done already to the car. if nothing then i agree with the underdrive cause it will gain more. if you have exhaust work already done, then flex

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Simply because it's an easy mod that will give you some horsepower. However, your headlights will probably be dimming like crazy if you amp is too powerful and you have the underdrive pulley installed.

·
Registered
226 Posts
if your not doing long headers or cat delete, def. do the UDP. trust me, you will love the results more. wait for the flex till you get headers.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
i am with you on the sub, but personally i would run a really nice 10. because i have an 8 polk momo in a SVT enclosure and it hits damn nice. i would recommend it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
eh i just hear that rigging up a sub to the focus is rather difficult. hence the reason i still have the sound system stock...came with audiophile and sub:D

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
jaxzx5 said:
what about wiring to the head unit, or did you go aftermarket?
I don't think you can wire subs to the stock head unit since you stock radio doesn't have stereo pre-outs. Don't quote me on this, but I think that Scosche makes a device that allows you to hookup an amp to your stock radio.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
My stereo was awesome. I currently have a Kenwood head unit and Kenwood 6x8's all around. I just sold my subs and amp about 2 weeks ago, so that it would take some strain off my alternator. But I had two Kenwood Typhoon 12's and a 920w Kenwood amp. It was BUMPIN. [woot]

·
Registered
226 Posts
eh i'd still rather keep my money for performance. i like the way it sounds, but wish she were faster

1 - 16 of 16 Posts