Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed my AEM CAI, and i'm loving each and every bit of it :D Got it for $50 from a close friend. Well Im not sure what I should do next. I just want all you Focus fanatics to throw your best opinions at me. :D

Thanks

MrZx3[clap]

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
that is definately important so you dont put a lake inside your engine, headers, exhaust, toms tune, but you need to decide quickly your plans for this car. are you wanting a N/A or a turbo or a SC these are questions that need to be adressed before you sink money in parts you will have to replace later.

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Figure out if you want to go N/A or Forced Induction. Then set your power goals that you want. If N/A then go for complete exhaust. SVT header is the best out there. I say go for the FocusCentral because it is cheaper. Exhaust size 2.25 to 2.5 is all you wold need. If FI the save up for a nice kit. Never cheap out on FI.

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Figure out if you want to go N/A or Forced Induction. Then set your power goals that you want. If N/A then go for complete exhaust. SVT header is the best out there. I say go for the FocusCentral because it is cheaper. Exhaust size 2.25 to 2.5 is all you wold need. If FI the save up for a nice kit. Never cheap out on FI.

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
exhaust. 2.5 trubendz magnaflow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol well living over here in miami and all this rain i should put my mind into that bypass valve lol, and on top of that two of my friends just hydrolocked lol :p ... but ya all the advice is pretty good ... i'm most likely going to keep it N/A ... so Svt headers then trubendz magnaflow exhaust, sounds good ... anything else ... i want my baby to move lol :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well, how much are you looking to spend? And just know before, if you're not going f/i, your car will never be "fast," so to speak.. more fun to drive of course though but no bolt on is going to give you a very noticable increase in horsepower.

Go with a SVT header and orp, 2.5in flex, and your choice of 2.5in exhaust; I recomend Trubendz, FS Stealth, MBRP or even Tsudo. Pick up a 65mm throttle body, stage two cams, cam gears, and get it tuned. Wouldn't spend any more money than that if you're staying n/a.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well just looking to spend the money that i work for lol but cool thx a bunch guys, im going to keep you guys updated on wut i do, and if u all have anymore opinions or suggestions dnt be scared to throw them at me lol

thx again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts