Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this site an im only 17 yrs old an i have 600$ to spend on my car an i was wandering which performance mod i should do next ? My current mods are an intake an a dnx cat back , I was thinking about an race header or an fc 65mm tb but i wasnt for shure an i know some of you guys have both an i was just wanderin which mods i should go for with 600$ any help would be highly appreciated for , THANX

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
I'm almost positive that you can get both of those items for $600.00

Search around, and you'll find both of those......but you might want to get a flexpipe also....

Look through these to find the best prices....

Parts Links

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
you could buy the svt header for like 265 and the tb like for 250....
and you will have room for udp too !

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Screw the performance mods.... save up for some lambo doors! Whee!

*hasn't slept in 36 hours*

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I would say go for the TB, UDP, and a 2000 intake mani. Then save up for a header and cam gears and maybe cams if you got the dough, but I would definately hold off on cams until you got all your boltons.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Id say finish off the exhaust and go with a header,high flow cat, and flex pipe.. If you have hook ups for your inspections get an off road header. But make sure to get an O2 cheater so that your service engine light doesnt come on if you do get an off road header..If you dont know what an Off road header is..it takes away the cat and frees up the flow of your exhaust for more hp then A regular header with the high flow cat. But dont get me wrong a header with a high flow cat will give you good gains also.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I agree with Euro, need to determine what intake/catback he's really got. If it's all good then you could do TB, Race header and flex for about $600 but again if you've got some el cheapo e-bay intake you may want to upgrade that first.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I also want to know what a DNX cat-back is. I thought it was a typo. :)

I say definitly get a 65mm TB. It's worth it.

If your gonna get a race header you'll need a flexpipe as well. Don't wanna half-ass it.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
ZX3_Chick said:
I also want to know what a DNX cat-back is. I thought it was a typo. :)

I say definitly get a 65mm TB. It's worth it.

If your gonna get a race header you'll need a flexpipe as well. Don't wanna half-ass it.
The DNX cat-back is new for the focus...they specialize mostly on hondas and acura's and all...but they just recently came out with a cat-back for the focus...it's sorta like the HKS and A'pexi cat-backs, with a cutoff muffler (if you want to call it that) at the end and all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts