Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everybody shifts at when they are racing or do you just listen to the engine?

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
7 is a good spot to start, I still dont know if they have the superchip for this car yet. I had it on the SVT Contour I used to own and it shifted at 7,500

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Like the rest on the board I shift at 7000 RPM.

·
Registered
875 Posts
R&DSVTZX5 said:
Like the rest on the board I shift at 7000 RPM.
Ok, I read that wrong at first as "I board-shift at 7000 RPM". [8] That would've been crazy, and I was going to ask who your clutch sponsor was.[;)]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
LOL at knightm3. I'm sorry my post confused you. lol [;)]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Have you guys seen the rev lights they make for bikes? It is a flexible fixture with 9 lights. I guess you can program the lights. That way you have a trick WRC setup and shift when the red lights up!

I think it can be used for cars too...don't know... data tool also makes a gear indicator, but I think that only makes sense when using a SMG.

http://www.bohnarmor.com/detail.asp...oduct_ID=DREVL&Merchant_Company=RiderStations

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
A simple tach and shift light works for me while racing. I dont think I need anything else. [;)]

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
6800-7k with my SPI automatic. I drive it like a Tiptronic when getting on it. Before you fall off your chairs, it is nowhere near stock. It DOES hit 7k regularly.

·
Registered
565 Posts
waterboy said:
I drive it like a Tiptronic when getting on it.
but you dont have tiptronic. so in otherwords, you're saying you put it in like 1, then you go to 2, then to drive???

·
Registered
875 Posts
Infra3sv said:
What is board-shifting?
Board-shifting is the act of not lifting your foot off the gas, or lifting it VERY little, while slam-shifting into the next gear. Since the motor will still be revving once you put the clutch in, it's important to shift QUICKLY[;)]

·
Registered
75 Posts
knightm3 said:
Board-shifting is the act of not lifting your foot off the gas, or lifting it VERY little, while slam-shifting into the next gear. Since the motor will still be revving once you put the clutch in, it's important to shift QUICKLY[;)]
ahhh i see[hihi]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Hmmm do yall shift at 7k at drag racing? The engine seems to lose some of the power at around 6 i usually shift around 6k if im going for a quick 0-60

·
Registered
990 Posts
rpm's

on road courses we run between 5 and 7200 pretty much continuosly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I shift at an indicated (on the stock tach) 7250 RPM when racing. The zetec is pretty useless down low, gotta keep winging it to make good power.

Regarding the "board-shifting" thing.... I've never heard that term before, but what you describe is what I always knew as a powershift.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I shift when my light tells me to....around 1500rpms

1 - 20 of 26 Posts