Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how is reception after it is cut that low? my antenna looks different then that in the pic.. the cover that is suppose to go over the spring is missing.. if that makese sense..

so the spring coil which allows the antenna to bend is exposed

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i looked at my antenna and its beat up.. you can see the spring coils and they are kind rusted.. and the antenna cap is partially missing due to wear and tear..

i dont think i can cut it to make it look nicer

which aftermarket cheap antenna do u recommend?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
is that a twizzler?
That's a length of #10 electrical wire, stranded, with a rubber cap on the top and screwed into a coupler nut which in turn is screwed onto the stud on the base. It's wrapped with electrical tape for now until I find some sort of boot for a more finished appearance. The nut was the only thing I had to buy; everything else was stuff from my collection of stuff.
I like that I was able to put a curve on the wire mast that follows the curvature of the roof, and the red color is a nice touch.

·
Machinery Technician
7,322 Posts
I bought the CFM one and it looks great. It's about 20 bucks. I don't know how the receptio is because I don't listen to radio stations. I just got it cause it looks cool and the stock one looks like a fishing rod.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
I shortened the stock one and it looked good, but I ended up just taking mine off lol. I don't listen to the radio much, but when I do the reception is fine (I haven't noticed a loss)

I want to just shave the antenna base and all like CaysE.........some day.....

·
Registered
206 Posts
fishing rod, lightning rod, ship mast.....still not too eye pleasing. I was looking at the Steeda Billet antenna and they state that it will not effect reception but kinda pricey tho. I still listen to radio cuz I'm too lazy to burn cd's for my stock HU. Does anyone know if the steeda antenna works as stated? I would make my own but I'll probably ruin it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
good job, its original, if i ever get bored i may copy that.

That's a length of #10 electrical wire, stranded, with a rubber cap on the top and screwed into a coupler nut which in turn is screwed onto the stud on the base. It's wrapped with electrical tape for now until I find some sort of boot for a more finished appearance. The nut was the only thing I had to buy; everything else was stuff from my collection of stuff.
I like that I was able to put a curve on the wire mast that follows the curvature of the roof, and the red color is a nice touch.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.