Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The highest I've seen was a Comp Orange with all the bolt ons and a tune putting down 159whp.... Of course you can always make more with some engine work but its usually not really worth it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I hope this is not a stupid question but, "What are ALL the mods"? So many people have differing opinions on which mods are viable ones and which mods are worthless (even though there is a consensus on all SVTF mods being 5hp or less gains). To be honest, sometimes it is depressing reading this stuff. Having come from a 95 Must GT (on which I did heads, cam, intake, exhaust, gears, suspension, and lighting mods) to my 04 SVTF (only esthetic mods??), I was hoping for doing a little more w/out having to take the FI plunge.....maybe I'm jaded?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
If I remember right he had

ORP, 3" exhaust, 65mm TB, lightened flywheel, plugs/wires, tune and I'm sure there was something else. His car was a turbo car that was put back to NA so I'm sure I'm missing something.... keep in mind this was on a completely stock long block.

Now all mods will NOT add power but they do improve the use of the power that is already there... and usually give you a better over all driving experience.

I can see where your coming from being a Mustang guy myself.

·
Registered
645 Posts
If I remember right he had

ORP, 3" exhaust, 65mm TB, lightened flywheel, plugs/wires, tune and I'm sure there was something else. His car was a turbo car that was put back to NA so I'm sure I'm missing something.... keep in mind this was on a completely stock long block.

Now all mods will NOT add power but they do improve the use of the power that is already there... and usually give you a better over all driving experience.

I can see where your coming from being a Mustang guy myself.
Thank you sir...[race]

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I gotta believe the svt can get higher than that!!! compression near 11:1 and p&p job. bet you could get better than 160 whp.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
enough to kill my tires today... lol.
its not power. its jsut abuse of fleetfarm purchased fuzion hri's

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
read much??? I said it was on a stock motor with just bolt ons.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2-Litre, 16-Valve Zetec Engine
Overall development by Oreste Berta S.A.

Main characteristics:

-Format and Mounting: Four-cylinder [straight-4] configuration,
transversally-mounted

-Displacement: 2.000cc
-Bore and stroke: 86 x 86mm
-Compression ratio: 11:1 *
-Valve diametres: 34mm [Induction], 29mm [Exhaust]
-Fuel feed: MOTEC [48mm opening *]
-Electronics: MOTEC
-MOTEC data logger
-Power Output: 300-plus HP at 8.300rpm *
-Lubricants: Elaion 15w 50

[*]: Technical limitations which correspond to TC2000 regulations.

Outstanding features:

- Sump integrated with base of engine block.
- Oval-faced valve gear
- Small-diametre valve springs
- Piston hinges located behind the control ring
- Cylinder-head gasket of great thickness [5mm]

http://www.bertamotorsport.com.ar/ford_eng.php

·
Registered
808 Posts
nice.

·
Registered
808 Posts
makes me wonder what I'd have to do to get that engine in my fofo lol.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wait, the SVT doesnt make 170 stock? Or do you mean the stock zetec only makes 159 stock?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
stock makes 170 crank Hp = ~ 140 wheel hp (whp)
the above 159 is whp

damn u beat me to it ^^

·
Registered
808 Posts
wow the svt loses that much hp in transfer?? I'm gonna do all the bolt ons while I save for a turbo, but thats almost depressing lol.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I have a feeling the loss may be even more because I have seen some really low hp numbers in the dyno thread. Maybe something to do with the heavy flywheel? Or Ford overestimating their numbers, like the 99-01 cobras that had the intake manifold gasket problem.

That reminds that i have to get mine dynoed too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I got a new lightweight flywheel and clutch kit from luk. And port n polishing my heads in the next few weeks. My buddy does them cheap just cause he likes to do it. hahah.

Whats the SVT putting out with just a good tune and a HFC? Anyone know or have numbers?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts