Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than a clutch and flywheel? Differential bearing, pinion shaft & pinion side bearing? Do I need any of those. If you have experience please inform me of parts needed.

Thanks!

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
While you have the tranny down, switch out the syncros too. Yours is an 02, and im an 03 with 40k miles, dont know how many you have, but its a good thing to do now while the tranny is down.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Most foci with MTX have a 3rd gear grind when shifting HARD into 3rd. Mine does. Mine also doesnt like to go into gear sometimes and i have to re-try entering into the gear. A little preventative matienence goes a long ways. Unfortunately I have no idea what they cost, but Im sure someone around here does. What are the syncros used by that beefed up tranny that some people are running around with? Is it the lentang or something tranny??!?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hahhaha. Syncros can't be bought. You will have to A: rebuild your transmission with a junk yard focus, or B: take it to ford and have them redo it for you.
The latter being about 800$.

and with the rebuild, I'm not sure if it's neseccary, but you should probably beef up the slave cylander as well. (I'm sure you knew that, but I didn't see it listed)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
""Hahhaha. Syncros can't be bought. ""

[rolleyes]

Oh yes they can.... Also if you plan on replacing all of it yourself I do hope you have a bearing press... And if all goes smooth then you will need a little gasket material(rtv) or what ever you normally use to build cars with. I use gorilla snot(3m). And it has always worked for me

·
Registered
41 Posts
liquid01 said:
""Hahhaha. Syncros can't be bought. ""

[rolleyes]

Oh yes they can....
Where? I've looked and can't find shit. Help me out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
liquid01 said:
Also if you plan on replacing all of it yourself I do hope you have a bearing press... And if all goes smooth then you will need a little gasket material(rtv) or what ever you normally use to build cars with. I use gorilla snot(3m). And it has always worked for me
Got the press covered. I have never heard of gorilla snot - but I'll check it out. Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Garrison said:
Where? I've looked and can't find shit. Help me out.
I have a spreadsheet that lists all of the parts and part numbers for the MTX75 trans... if you want it pm me. It is really helpful when looking for parts.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts