Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1999 turbo diesel focus (90ps) and it needs a new engine, what other fords use this engine, and what are the difference between the 90 and 115 ps engine, will a mk1 mondeo td engine work? thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sorry for no one replying sooner man, but I'll give you the rundown.

Possible donors for your focus:

2.0L CHV/SPI, comes from focus sedan LX and SE. Lowest level engine.
2.0L Zetec, Comes from ZX3 or ZX5.
2.0L SVT, ST for you guys, earlier models didn't come with turbo. Best performer.
2.0L duratec from later model foci's and ST's.
2.3L duratec, came in some ZX3's and ZX5's. Uncommon.
And I think over there you guys had a 1.6L and 1.8L version of the Zetec, but I'd shoot for a 2.0, you'll be able to do more with it.

I'm going to say the biggest difference in the 90PS and 115PS engine is the tuning. Their both 1.8L, so It has to be something to do with the ECU program or more boost from the turbo.

I think you'd probably have a hard time doing a Mondeo engine swap... you'd have to get a whole new computer, new wiring harness for the engine bay, custom mounts because of the placement of the engine, custom exhaust done..... it would just be a hastle.

If you want some more power, just switch to a petrol engine. there are a ton of them out there an the aftermarket catered fairly well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry i didnt explain properly, i want to fit the exact same engine, i just want to know which other fords are possible donors? its a 90ps 1.8 turbo diesal engine

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
im sure u could fit most any passenger car ford motor in it.
u can fit a v8 im sure it can handle a bunch of different options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts