Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i just got my 03 svtf GREAT deal on it too[:D] but anyways what oil should i use when i go to change it? does the SVT start with fully senth. or wat?

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Nope, it comes factory filled with 5W30 Motorcraft semi-synth. You will find the most popular oils to be Mobil 1 as well as Royal Purple synthetics in stock weight. If someone tells you to do a search give 'em the finger [:D]

·
Registered
970 Posts
why do we have to kick the dead horse :p

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I made the switch to Poyal Purple 5W-30 and have never looked back, that is all that will go into my engine from now on.

·
Registered
364 Posts
No need to kick a dead horse but, It would be niced if you all got the oil weight correct, it is 5w-20, just like every other ford.[:)]

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
inschool said:
No need to kick a dead horse but, It would be niced if you all got the oil weight correct, it is 5w-20, just like every other ford.[:)]
SVT Zetec 2.0 calls for 5w30 - [:D]

I use Mobile 1 Synthetic in my 02 SVT ever since 12k miles.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Shadowrunner,

You can look at YOUR oil cap all day if you want. Then buy an SVT, and read the owners manual.....and be enlightened that it's 5w30.

And although I'm flogging the horse, even though it's friggin dead...."the answer" is Royal Purple (and just to remind everyone...5w30) is the answer.....since Douglas Adams[8] was wrong!

Cheers, Shane

PS. You're always welcome to come stare at my car's oil cap, if that's what you're into!![;)]

·
Registered
411 Posts
I use mobil 1 and didn't even know such a thing as RP even existed until I joined this board. I am curious about the people that say RP is the best the best the best, How can you even tell??? When you start your car in the morning does the front fascia make a big smile indicating the car is happy with RP?

·
Registered
456 Posts
RP meets or exceeds all standards for oil you can use it in race cars and street cars, the down side is the cost if I wanted it (which I dont for now) I would have to pay $3.00 a qt. And I use 5W20 motorcraft oil.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used RP 20w50 in my Alfa GTV6 and it had 194 miles and still drove strong. Once I pick up my SVTF, that is all I plan on running (just not the same weight). And if you think the oil was thick, it took 8 quarts and it was only a 2.5 liter v6!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I use Mobil 1 right now and I have since I got the car and I'm at 35,000. But what I want to know is if I change over to RP what difference am I going to notice?? Will it idle better, run stronger, I don't get the difference that it would make.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts