Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to autozone and I thought I had been using the motorcraft FL-400s but they said the FL-2005. They are both identical but the 2005 has like a catch in the center. What have you guys been using and did it change for a reason? I am waiting to change my oil so please post lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Use the FL 2005- it's the one that both the SVT and Zetec use.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ive used the Mobil1 209 filter on my SVT this change but before that the 2005 is all ive used.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Our manual says to use the motorcraft FL-400s, but like you when I go to Autozone they give me the FL-2005(their parts book like most other places list the FL-2005). I called a Ford dealership but they were no help. I have had oil changes done with both and have not had any issues with either one. I was still a little paranoid though so I have stopped using motorcraft to end the confusion. I now use the FRAM PH8316 or K&N HP-2009.

·
Registered
714 Posts
You're ok with either Motorcraft FL-400s or the FL-2005 (standard Zetec)
I've used a Fram PH8316 for the past 4 oil changes

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
dude an FL-1A is huge. i use that on my ranger. why would you put that on your focus?
More filter media... it wont do a better job but it will filter longer. I was going to put one on the SVT but some of my "additions" were in the way... oh well I'll just use it on one of my Mustangs.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
I wouldn't do fram, I've heard really bad things about them, but the 2005 is what's "for" our cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My car was made in late 03 and the manual says 400 and I have been using the 400 for the past 44k miles, I just put in the 2005 today

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
What kind of engine is in use. I think the duratec is different from the zetec if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts