Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know what else I can do other than another form of forced induction. I dont really want pullies. I know I really need the rear engine mount but what else is out there without spending a lot of money?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cheapest way to get faster: Weight reduction. Shave off couple hundred pounds and you'll easily pick up a few tenths. Lighter rims, port and polish (expensive and not really worth the money unless your s/c or turbo), build your internals to handle a bigger shot of n2o (also expensive). But my recomendation is to browse the for sale forum for a good deal on a supercharger.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
How much money isnt alot of money? You could do cams or something. Weight reduction is always good. Suspension work is also good. You could upgrade your clutch and flywheel. You could get stickier tires if you dont already have some. There's alot more stuff you could do.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why no UDP? Its a good mod. I would go Cam gear or wheels. Remember if you get a cam gear you have to install it and dyno tune as well which can be expensive.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Your not going to squeeze much more power with bolt ons. If your really looking for power your going to have to go FI... All the other suggestions will help with making your car more fun to drive but, won't make you go faster if that's what your going for...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PIAAFocus said:
Get rid of the Zex system and go NOS or even better NX Express
Are you serious? I would never get a nos system. Zex is way more advanced. I would of bought an nx kit but i got a good deal on this.Plus why would I get rid of the perfectlly good nitrous kit I already have?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much does a set of cams cost? Custom grind and all? If anyone has them do you notice any difference in the performance?

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
some do, some don't. it just depends on the timing from the factory. some see several hp some hardly see anything..

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I think he means camshafts, not cam gears.

Cams for the SVT are hard to get in this country. Tom has ONE set, or at least had, that was a prototype cam intended to make power to 8000rpm+ (thats what I remember anyway). He may still have that set for sale, you can ask him. Other that that, there are a handful of companies in the UK that offer cams for the ST170, but when I contacted one of them it was going to cost in excess of $1000 to get them here...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Blue02SVT said:
Are you serious? I would never get a nos system. Zex is way more advanced. I would of bought an nx kit but i got a good deal on this.Plus why would I get rid of the perfectlly good nitrous kit I already have?
Ive only ever heard bad things about ZEX. Ive known guys who have ran it then switched to NX and were ecstatic with the results when they sprayed. But if you like it then I would keep it.

As for Cams, why are they so hard to get into the US?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts