Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to do more mods to my car sooo bad but i do not have any money! do any of you guys have ANY suggestions of what i can do for really really cheap?? you can look in my signature to see what i have already done.

·
Hon-duh Rider
1,347 Posts
How about some cheap(er) interior mods. Like pedals, door sill covers, etc. Just offering some suggestions. I know how you feel. I want to upgrade my suspension and get rims and tires... but alas, no $. If you cant think of anything to do, just stop thinking about it until you have the money.. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
a steeda STS will be great for the money.
I, myself, decided to hacksaw the stock shifter down a few inches.
While this does the trick, I want to get an STS for a tighter more precise throw.

As for all the other mods? I would consider finding a new source of income.
I just now decided to start looking for a job to support my car expenses.

·
Registered
789 Posts
since you just turned 16 i would suggest doing interior mods and no engine mods because of the simple formula: young+modded car = attention from cops(more likely to be pulled over) and more likely to try and show off(which in turn would go back to the cop comment)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yes, I agree w/ focusfreak. Do some custom interior painting. I use duplicolor enamel in my interior. It's like $5 a can. If you look @ my gallery, my interior paint looks great. Just make sure you sand everything real well, and be sure to clear coat it as well. Look in the how to forum if you're not sure. Interior customs look great, and get lots of attention from anyone who gets in your ride. Just a suggestion, cause it's cheap, easy, and fun.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FocusFreak and bizzy, im not like that i know what my limits are on the street and i know what i should or should not do. yea interior mods are cool but i dont want an all show no go car!

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Cat backs are under $400 usually, Borla is alittle more. You already have an intake, now u need to free up the back end.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Debadge is essentially free, looks good too. Good exhaust is under $400, painting is good too. With the way things seem, you'll probably be saving up for a little bit at a time. Definitely gotta find a new source of income....same goes for me, military paycheck just doesn't quite cut it up here in alaska. (Insurance is insane!)[?|]

·
Registered
789 Posts
focusTNR29 said:
FocusFreak and bizzy, im not like that i know what my limits are on the street and i know what i should or should not do. yea interior mods are cool but i dont want an all show no go car!
first off, before i start, i'm not trying to bash. you say that now but once you get a little power behind your pedal and your friends, or a hot little mamma, are in the car all that talk goes out the window. and don't say it won't cause i did and probably a lot of people on here and you will wind up with a ticket. most of us can say that we have been there and done that cause most of us are way older than you. peer pressure and hormones WILL get the best of you. the best thing to do is go for show and once you've been driving for a couple of years then get some go. a good exhaust wouldn't hurt but other than that i think it would be smart of you to stop there for a while.

·
Registered
280 Posts
imo these guys are right... shit happens, sometimes i wish i went for some looks too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts