Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on the next step to upgrade my zx3 I have, Catback Magnaflow, Flexpipe, JBA Headers, Mac intake, 65mm throttle body and I have no low end power. I just bought the pulley kit haven't installed them yet. Will do tommorow. Some one told me maybe a chip or gam gears. The car is loud but doesn't performe like I want it too. Also looking for 17" tires and rims any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
go to Tirerack.com for rims, also, get a 70mm mass air flow sensor, you will notice a diffrence. and maybe get a diablo sport chip. i have one, which i will be selling soon, and it does help. if you want more get maybe stage 1 cams, best for driveability, or stage 2 for more power and FI..

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
you dont want a chip yet unless you have an ATX, are the headers longtube or short? if short you might want a highflow cat, then do cams and gears at once

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
i dont think jba makes a race header so my vote goes for high flow cat.

the mac intake might be hurting you on the low end power. short rams arent very good at low rpms.

wheels i like www.wheelmax.com the best, great prices. they give you crappy tires for that price though so talk to them about upgrading the tires. u can get parada spec 2s for a lil bigger chunk

is it an auto?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
that should be like a profilequestion, or somthing it says under your name, ATX or MTX

·
Registered
697 Posts
Get some stage 2 cams and some cam gears. havent installed mine yet but i've heard alot and researched alot up to my yin yang, and i hear and been told its good way to go for a n/a streetable car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey man id make it funner to drive and faster, get a short throw shifter. I can get ya a short throw for only $65, same thing as the steeda shifter, but u need to get ur own shift knob. Anybody else interested please send me a message, ill get it ordered for you and youll have it in a matter of weeks, hell, i got mine in a week!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i can parts other then short shifters too. If ya want, just send me a messege with what ya want and i can get it for ya.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts