Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I finally got my 2.5" Trubendz and FS CAI on. It runs really well. You can definitely feel it kick especially at higher rpms. It's pretty loud on take off without the 2nd cat but it's pretty mellow once you are at speed.

Anyways, my question is what mod next?
- Header/Flex
- Cams
- Valve Body
- Nothing?

So lets hear your input. Are these mods going to show a significant difference in where I am now. Keep in mind I don't ever hit the track. This is a Daily Driver, but it is always nice to know I'm not the slowest guy out there [;)]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Header/flex, but with that you must ask yourself just how loud you want to be. The header will be very LOUD lol. You can always weld a resonator into the exhuast system but thats money ontop of what you already spent. The Header will give the best gains, you will definately be able to feel the difference. After my intake and exhaust are installed (shipping is taking time [:(]) I will be getting a header. Even though it will cost for a resonator install, I would still say the header is your best bet and worth the money.

After that I would go for a throttle body.

·
Registered
290 Posts
it all depends on what u want as the end result, im doin like domestic, goin with a cam tool next. its inexpensive, and from what walter says, is the best bang for your buck after an intake and exhaust. but like everything else, its a matter of opinion. you might also consider a bs delete. again mixed opinions on them, and it will be a while before folks start gettin enough miles on thier 2.3's to see if it has any long term negative effects, i.e. rattlin your teeth out at stop lights, but everyone that ive heard from that has used them liked them. good luck and keep us posted

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
I'd say go for the header/flex combo if you have the money. You will really like the results.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really considering the cam adjustment now. I still want the header/flex but not sure I want to throw the money right now. To be totally honest, I don't know how long I am going to keep my car (I usually trade in cars after 1-2 years). That's my biggest issue I guess. I like what I have done but I can't stand it looking good and running slow. However, at this time and in the near known future Ford has nothing else out there for me (had a Mustang GT Bullitt but had to get rid of it for 4 doors = baby). So with nothing looking very promising at this time through Ford, I may have my car for awhile afterall and really would like to wake it up.
hmmmm... decision decisions.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Rhae

I suggest you go with the cam adjustment tool. (can you use it on more than one car???)

Then maybe a header/flex....

Then sell your car and sell me all teh parts cheap!!!!

I know i am a bitch

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well I just got my trubendz 2.5" exhaust installed on my ST and I friggin LOVE it. My MM CAI is on backorder just like everyone elses and after I do that I'm getting the header/flex combo from cosworth. The gains on it are amazing. I would prefer to get the breathing right and then go for the cam adjustments and what not. After the Header I'm getting stage 2 cams and cam adjustment tool and throttle body. If you have the money, get the TB as soon as you can, wakes up that response on ST like no other.

Here is my list in order:

Trubendz exhaust 2.5"
MM CAI
Cosworth Header/Flex
Dyno/tune
FC Throttle Body
Cam adjustment tool
Stage 1 or 2 cams
SCT Excalibrator

Then its time to dress my baby up in some CF [:D]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chaneyzx3'04 said:
I suggest you go with the cam adjustment tool. (can you use it on more than one car???)

are you thinking what I think you are thinking?? [paranoid]

if so, and it does, I'm in. [;)]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts