Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2014 Sterling Grey Focus S. I got the S because I knew I didn't want the SYNC or MFT, so it didn't make sense to pay for it and remove it. So far I've done the following:

• Installed a sweet 8" touchscreen android based Nav/stereo/DVD/backup cam system.
  • Added Hill Start Assist via Focccus
  • Installed K&N Typhoon CAI (did this today)
  • E-RMM is ordered
  • Ford Racing Handling Kit is ordered and installation appt made
  • HuskyLiner floor mats front&back
  • Tom's Tune Ordered
  • Ordered a junkyard steering wheel from an SE w/cruise, I going to attempt to activate cruise via Focccus, and use the audio controls w/ aforementioned Stereo

I want to keep the car looking almost entirely stock on the outside. I'm not trashing the aesthetic taste of others, but I don't want it to look like a modded car. So the only exterior mods I'm interested in are subtle, tasteful ones, like getting a euro grill.

I'd love to add more performance mods, but I really don't want to make the car any louder, especially any highway droning. So I think that rules out exhaust, unless there is some exhaust mod that keeps the factory sound.

Anyone have some mod suggestions? I'm not completely broke yet, and it's killing me.[;)]

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Do you have rear Drums or discs?

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Beat me to it. [cheers]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks, that's a great suggestion. I think I'm going to wait until I need a front brake job and get the slotted rotors for both.
You'll be waiting a looooooong time then.
With the other mods you're doing, 4 wheel disc seems like an important upgrade.

Also you can mod the exhaust and keep it quiet with additional resonators. If I remember correctly, Rebel Devil will install an additional resonator on their sleeper pack (though from what I hear, it's quiet as is)

When I installed my K&N Typhoon, it droned loudly for the first few hundred miles. Now it will still drone, but not too loud and not as annoying.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll be waiting a looooooong time then.
With the other mods you're doing, 4 wheel disc seems like an important upgrade.

Also you can mod the exhaust and keep it quiet with additional resonators. If I remember correctly, Rebel Devil will install an additional resonator on their sleeper pack (though from what I hear, it's quiet as is)

When I installed my K&N Typhoon, it droned loudly for the first few hundred miles. Now it will still drone, but not too loud and not as annoying.
This is only my second day with the typhoon, but I'm pretty happy with the noise level. My commute is mostly under 65mph and I didn't have any annoying droning.

Point taken about the brakes. Maybe I'll just get the conversion kit with stock rotors for now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mind if I ask what you were quoted to install the handling kit and if a dealer or local shop is doing it?
A local shop is doing it, they quoted me 5 hours, plus or minus an hour. Their shop rate is 65, so about 300-400. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts