Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently, I have a steeda sri & fswerks cai, fswerks exhaust, obx header, ford racing suspension, all sway and stress bars, upgraded brakes, short shifter, massive dogbone insert, 67mm tb and more random things. oh and a standard tune from fswerks which made a huge difference in the way my car runs.

My car is a 07 ford focus s zx3.

What do I do next?

I am mechanically inclined but am always nervous when working on projects that are out of my familiarity and unfortunately do not know to many people that can be of guidance to me.

I was thinking of cfm's new spark plug coil thing. Seems cool, does it work?

Also what about camshafts or gears? or what would you do to make more power with my car without going turbo? [dunno]

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Cams and a better tune. New COP's are not needed with the mods you have. You have the exterior easy stuff, now its time to start on the harder stuff.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can I just install cam gears to start with? or do I need to install the camshafts along with the cam gears?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Cam gears are nice, but they are not going to give you more power. The point of cam gears is to be able to advance or retard the cam position, to move the existing power band up or down the rpm range. New cams will increase the power band, by increasing the duration and lift of the valves. The best bet is both, then you could fine tune your power better.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Get the CFM underdrive pulleys, then the other motor mounts, maybe a Torsen LSD, weight reduction, or dare I say it...........BOOST!!!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^UDP's would be nice as well, have you thought about upgrading your clutch yet? maybe go with a lightweight flywheel and so on.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^UDP's would be nice as well, have you thought about upgrading your clutch yet? maybe go with a lightweight flywheel and so on.
I havent even thought of upgrading the clutch or the UDP. Is that a hard install? and is it worth the money to upgrade them.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
well depending on how many miles you have you may want to upgrade the clutch anyway, if your not going FI then an exedy stage 1 kit from FSWerks would do the trick. the flywheel is almost 60% lighter then stock which would help with power delivery and the UDP's will reduce paradisaic loss on the front drive accessories, there by freeing up 5-8hp. with everything you already have you would have a nice DD street setup. I have yet to do both But there both a PITA to do, clutch you got to separate the motor and trans, UDP's you got to take half the crap off the front of the motor.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well depending on how many miles you have you may want to upgrade the clutch anyway, if your not going FI then an exedy stage 1 kit from FSWerks would do the trick. the flywheel is almost 60% lighter then stock which would help with power delivery and the UDP's will reduce paradisaic loss on the front drive accessories, there by freeing up 5-8hp. with everything you already have you would have a nice DD street setup. I have yet to do both But there both a PITA to do, clutch you got to separate the motor and trans, UDP's you got to take half the crap off the front of the motor.
48k mi, and yes they both sound like a pita. I am going to look into it some more as these seem like good weekend projects. Keep em coming guys. I like these ideas and am making a list of mods and upgrades to do so that I never get bored.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I plan to do the Underdrive pullies next month. If I do I will let you know how it works out.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Interduce Mr Torsen to the mix!

Currently, I have a steeda sri & fswerks cai, fswerks exhaust, obx header, ford racing suspension, all sway and stress bars, upgraded brakes, short shifter, massive dogbone insert, 67mm tb and more random things. oh and a standard tune from fswerks which made a huge difference in the way my car runs.

My car is a 07 ford focus s zx3.

What do I do next?

I am mechanically inclined but am always nervous when working on projects that are out of my familiarity and unfortunately do not know to many people that can be of guidance to me.

I was thinking of cfm's new spark plug coil thing. Seems cool, does it work?

Also what about camshafts or gears? or what would you do to make more power with my car without going turbo? [dunno]
Do CFM's UDP's & tubular control arm's for more forward bite & add Mr Torsen to the mix. Forget 'bout the coil's. What are you runnin' now Steeda's SRI or F/W's CAI?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just bought the tubular control arms off of koke'sfocus...should be in sometime this next week. What benefits should I expect from these?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
CFM's tubular control arms!

just bought the tubular control arms off of koke'sfocus...should be in sometime this next week. What benefits should I expect from these?
Lighter weight, stronger, adjustable camber, feel's more positive, more forward bite, look's a lot better. Why is he selling thou's? Make sure you get the boot's w/ them. I used 2 jam nut's instead of the nylock nut's that came w/ them= easier to adjust the camber or to take apart. they come w/ 3 thread's showing & I turn them additional 1.5 turn's out= 4.5 turn's= -1.7 degree's for your camber. CFM has the boot's & heim joint's for replacement part's if needed. You will find you need a hi anglaritity heim joint, whitch CFM stock's & Summit & Jeg's would have to order, & CFM's price for them is desent too. Let me know if you need any other help. For alignment, I set the toe at O for the front= making sure the steering wheel is straight, I hate crooked wheel's, that's just me.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts