Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone:

Just wanted to get a little feedback on what to do next. Ok so I got my Magnaflow catback and the volant intake is on the way. What would you guys recomend should be my next mod (please keep in mind a small budget $200.00).I see a lot of people talking about the 65 mm port or changing the coil and plugs.What ever you can recomend, please base it on ease of use to install and bang for the buc/power given the fact i am still a novice at this.I have to say, I am so happy with my little car. Its a 4 door sedan SE in white 5 speed zetec. And once again, Thanks for all the great input from everyone.

·
Registered
951 Posts
How you like the Magnaflow BONO? I just put mine on about a month ago and I love the sound, much deeper than what I was expecting.....I didn't want it to sound like a dirt bike and it sure doesn't. I have the Iceman on it's way and I'm working out a deal with somoene for their 65mm TB. That's what I have planned for now. Good luck on the modding!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I would get the rest of the exhaust next. Get the flexpipe ad hi-flo cat or the header. IMO

BIGBADWORM, The Iceman is a nice CAI

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yeah that's what I had heard throughout this board, that and the Volant........seemed to be a toss-up. I went with the Iceman because Ray is selling a returned one for only $150.00 so I thought why not?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
they are both good intakes.

anyway, its a better idea to exhaust components all at once... so since ur on a budget id say get a throttle body, or udp.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
The throttle body is a nice mod, do it and the intake, then that part of the motor is done

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I decided on the Iceman because any of the open elemant induction systems are too loud for me. They seem to be all noise and little performance but that is just me. As for intakes, I love the Iceman, FC, and Volant.

Euro is right. The TB would probably be best unless you don't mind buying the components for the exhaust and waiting until you have them all to install them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think the K&N is going to be the best intake for airflow bar none just by the looks of the intake tube itself and the design...but man is it LOUD. But one your moving or going into higher RPM's it really gets to work.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would give the AFX underdrive crank pully a try. Its only $100 and you get some extra power. I do agree however that you should finish the exhaust side

1 - 9 of 9 Posts