Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have 2 12 inch solobarics in a sealed box with a 4000 watt 2 channel lanzer amp 0gauge wiring and an optima battery with a kenwood multimedia head unit. I was thinking about getting 2 kicker 750 monos for the subs and was wondering if these would be easier on my alternator then what i currently run. I ask because I have killed several alts and my high power one never did work right so its sitting in the garage any information would be much apriciated thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'd just look into getting a ZX1500.1 or another 1500w amp, depending on what voice coils your subwoofers have. I'd recommend doing the big 3 under the hood and getting a beefier battery, and possibly adding a second battery. What kind of budget are you looking at?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh, and if you would like your system to be louder, put the subs in a ported enclosure. Solo Barics love large ported enclosures.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard in ported enclosers they sound funny on all but a few songs
I have done the big 3 and the optima is a heavy duty battery I have no clue on how to add a second battery to a focus. My budget is around a grand and my subs are I believe the 4 ohm versions but they can be wired to 2 ohms my system hits hard but i am a noob at all this really and i heard that the 2 kickers would be better for the subs because thats what kicker made them for thanks for the help and what do you mean 1500.1 exactly[scratch]

·
Registered
470 Posts
If they're the dual 4 ohm version, I would recommend getting a 1 ohm stable amplifier that puts out in the neighborhood of 1500w RMS. It will beat the pants off that Lanzar amp you have right now. I'd recommend the Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D. It's widely known to be a powerhouse of an amp.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/...s_id=3&zenid=c531664fa81d1d3a8c8ba2c4016be11b
(They can be found cheaper used. Check out www.caraudioclassifieds.org or www.caraudio.com/forum for great deals)

As far as adding a second battery goes, the easiest way to do so is to run 0awg to the back from the front battery's positive, with a fuse at each end, and connecting it to the rear battery's positive. Then ground the rear battery, and hook your amps up to it like you regularly would.

BTW, are they the L5s or L7s?

·
Registered
470 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts