Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1423 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what features, tips and tricks people have found since owning?

For me I found the hidden menu to be neat. Holding trip/reset down while starting car shows the menu. Holding again for 5 seconds returns you to normal operation.

Salesman didn't know that the SE has a line in for mp3 players. Inside glovebox on top.

·
Registered
90 Posts
When going from Sport mode (S) to drive (D), you don't have to pull the trigger and move the shifter. You can simply move it up into D and it'll lock into place. Love that!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I found out about the glovebox mounted mp3 line on here after salesman told me it didnt have one. #FAIL

·
Registered
101 Posts
I found a key in the IA remote. My salesperson never told me anything about a key. I found this out just by going thru the Owner's Guide...

·
Registered
94 Posts
1. The rear wiper wipes once if the wipers are on and the car is put into reverse.
Of course I then found the button to turn the rear on at the tip of the wiper joystick on a later day when it wasn't raining.
2. I recommend plugging in or out USBs SDs and Aux when the car is off. Hot swaps make the MFT freak out (still on 2.10)
3. Again for raining days (every evening in FL in the summer) If the IA doesn't unlock right away. Wipe off some of the wetness and hold your hand slightly longer inside the handle.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sync commands:

"Climate Control, 'I am hot'" The Air conditioner goes on and 'I am cold' the heat goes on.

"Navigation, 'I am hungry'" It lists the restaurants in your current area on the map.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sync commands:

"Climate Control, 'I am hot'" The Air conditioner goes on and 'I am cold' the heat goes on.

"Navigation, 'I am hungry'" It lists the restaurants in your current area on the map.
Cool!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Sync commands:

Just be sure to pronounce "hungry" very well. If it sounds anything like "horny", you and your Focus will never have the same relationship again.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just be sure to pronounce "hungry" very well. If it sounds anything like "horny", you and your Focus will never have the same relationship again.
[rofl]

1. The rear wiper wipes once if the wipers are on and the car is put into reverse.
wow... I never would've noticed. I keep forgetting to switch off the rear wiper though and it keeps wiping even after the rain stops sometimes

@techwarrior... Also, it's the same thing from N to D. You don't have to press the button. It's convenient since I put my car in N at stop lights and all I have to do is pull the lever back when the signal turns green.

One thing I did like after I bought my car was that the stereo stays On even after turning off the engine as long as the door isn't opened. I find myself listening to the radio for longer than I need to now

·
Registered
548 Posts
dont all cars do that?

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
I found the "eco" scoring mode by accident... unfortunately every time I get on the autobahn I lose my "speed" leaves because I'm driving 90+mph.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
492 Posts
I found the "eco" scoring mode by accident... unfortunately every time I get on the autobahn I lose my "speed" leaves because I'm driving 90+mph.
Posted via FF Mobile

how do you d that???

·
Registered
968 Posts
how do you d that???
When you're in the average MPG mode, hit the right arrow. If you get five leaves in all three (shifting, anticipation, and speed) you get a trophy!

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
492 Posts
When you're in the average MPG mode, hit the right arrow. If you get five leaves in all three (shifting, anticipation, and speed) you get a trophy!

Posted via FF Mobile
that's pretty neat.

i wish the focus had this like the fusion hybrid.

1 - 20 of 1423 Posts