Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
borla is definately a great exhaust system, but i wouldn't suggest getting just a muffler. if you have the money, get the cat-back, or go all the way with your exhaust. just my opinion, but good luck!

·
Registered
789 Posts
fczdrvndly17 said:
i wouldn't suggest getting just a muffler. if you have the money, get the cat-back, or go all the way with your exhaust. just my opinion, but good luck!
i agree. if you have the money get a full exhaust or a cat back. it will definitely boost the performance up and it will work even better if you have some sort of intake as well (SRI or CAI)

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Mangnaflow and focussport stealth are also good. The magnaflow and borla are typically a deeper sounding exhaust not like the typical 4 cyl exhaust.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
you should get a complete cat-back, better gains.

·
Registered
116 Posts
On the FocusSport Stealth, it is really quiet with a stock header. I mean REALLY quiet. I can barely hear it over the engine. I only got it because I'm going to put a race header in and didn't want it too loud.

If you're not going to get a race header, I would recommend the regular FocusSport without the Stealth resonator...if you decide to go with FocusSport over other manufacturers that is.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Get a full catback exhaust, with just a muffler itll probably sound ricy etc and i dout you want that. Plus theres little or no performance gains with just a muffler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts