Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell my what needs replaced on a bone stock svtf before puttin some boost on the little puppy, and excuse me for the question. New to focus

·
Registered
25,630 Posts
Lets try the FI section, you"ll get better response.

Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would definately replace the clutch and flywheel before boosting. My stock clutch could hardly even handle the bolt ons that I have. I think the mods you will need more or less depend on if you're going turbo or supercharger and what kind of boost levels you want to run.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Only thing I replaced was the clutch and flywheel and flywheel isnt really needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any recomended brand and stage, I was just lookin at a stage 3 by clutch masters but dont know if that would just rip my insides out, Im pretty sure the svtf is as bullet proof as the ligthning. But im new to the car.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
well how much power do you plan on making? i'd look into a 6 puk clutch for a more streetable ride. either stage 3 or 4 from clutchmasters

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
LSD...Clutch &flywheel...motormounts...better tires....upgraded suspension...

throw in a couple gauges too... boost ,maybe oil temp and pressure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id like to run around lower 300s in the next 6months to a year, money is a lil tight so it'll take me a while but i plan to get an orp then get both clutch and flywheel, motor mounts, ?pulleys if needed? then s.c.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
dont get pullies. it will reduce the amount of boost. if anything get the CFM overdrive pully and boost more. clutch, flywheel, MM,

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
so you're planning on going with a supercharger? there's actually a guy selling one used for about 3k miles right now that you could get a great deal on. but you might want to talk to zx3tuning on fj (don't know if he's here) for some cams specifically for the powerworks. but running 300+ you should go with the clutchmasters stg4 6 puk. that's what i was told by tom, because i'm also planning on 300+ hp eventually, hopefully.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
id run a spec stage 4 ( so you can always go up in power) wrouldnt do the fly ( NOISY) i would also invest in a lsd ( quaife is prefered) no point in having 300whp and not being able to use it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts