Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 SEL 27000 miles I haven’t noticed any shuttering. I will say that sometimes it in low gear when I’m going real easy on the gas I’ll hear a bit of a clicker clunk like when you slow shift on a manual.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm at 123k on my 2013, manual transmission. So far so good. Occasional sputtering here and there, and I'm not easy on it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
130K+, 5spd, still drives like new, basic maintenance + replaced the PSM and upstream O2 sensor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
2013 Focus SE 5 speed manual
348,550km
Still running like a top and I dont baby it when I drive. I keep up on maintenance, Synthetic oil every 8000km. No major problems with anything.
I'll post a pic later of the dash.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow. Do you know if you're still on the original clutch?
Yes original clutch. The throw out bearing is getting noisy but still has plenty of grab. My uncle owned it from new to 235,000 and I've had it since. Only the alternator and coolant reservoir have needed replacing so far besides regular maintenance stuff. Been a solid car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 80k miles on my 2016 with the DCT. I got it at 35,000 miles a few years ago and got the clutches serviced under warranty at 45K miles. Ever since then I haven't had a SINGLE issue with my transmission after basically going the distance that it took the original ones to fail. I think it has to do a lot with how the cars are driven, perhaps the last owner wasn't so nice to it. Although I may just be lucky.

·
Registered
2016 Focus S Sedan 5 speed manual
138 Posts
Closing in on 58,000 miles 90% freeway. Bought in Dec 2016, seems like it has not been that long....... But as I've gotten older time flies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 2014 SE with DCT. Car has 136K miles and runs good, DCT is also good (after I read here how to properly drive it). I am really surprised how good and quiet the engine runs because I think the previous owner(s) didn't believe in a lot of maintenance because when I pulled the valve cover there is a lot of sludge (addressing that now).

·
Registered
2016 Focus S Sedan 5 speed manual
138 Posts
I really wanted a Focus, but I also wanted an automatic. The DCT issues made the decision for me.............. I got the manual. That being said I love the 5 speed manual.

Not long after I bought the car I got stuck in some north Seattle traffic heading home. I was stuck on a long on ramp going up hill. Stop and go with a traffic light at the end. In those ten minutes I hated the transmission, and was second guessing my choice. Been pretty good other than that.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts