Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just leased a Titanium hatchback and was geeked to learn that you can play music off USB thumbdrives.

However, most of my collection is in FLAC format. A quick experiment yesterday seemed to indicate that the Focus' audio system doesn't recognize that format.

I did a search through PDFs of the car's main manual and the MFT supplement, but neither seemed to provide a comprehensive list of the formats supported. However, I did see that WAV format is supported.

So, do I need to convert my collection over to WAV (and chew up a lot of unnecessary space) or is there another lossless codec I can use?

·
Registered
747 Posts
no lossless support

lot of my stuff is just mp3's that are 320 bit, sounds fine

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nothing in the car, besides the cd player and regular cd's - if you get a phone that can support flac, you can use that with BT Stereo

·
Registered
77 Posts
I wouldn't bother converting to WAV. As you said, this will take up extra space. I doubt Album Art will work with WAV files either.

You should convert to 256VBR or 320CBR MP3s, leaving your FLAC files alone. Album Art should work too, although I've had some problems with it. By doing this, you'll get many more files on your flash drive, the tag information is supported, and the sound quality will be close to lossless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts