Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a torsen LSD, different gears, and clutchmaster stage 3 clutch/flywheel. Now the problem.. I got on it a little bit. Started dropping some clearish/yellowish fluid from between the motor and tranny. I checked all the basic things and its not oil from the rear main and i still got fluid to the clutch. So to the people who know alot about transmissions, what are the chances I destroyed the LSD? Or is it possibly a seal in the differential? The fluid leaked out very slow. Took about three days for it all to come out. Just looking for some advice on what to expect when I get in there.
Thanks.

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Where its leaking slowly, it sounds like a seal. But can't be for sure.

·
Registered
342 Posts
is it possible it is leaking from the fill plug or the drain plug.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
between motor/tranny clear/yellow fluid tells me its the slave cylinder leaking, or possibly the input shaft seal spewing trans fluid (less likely)

the slave cylinder could be just seeping and you will still "get fluid to the clutch" it will just leak.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The Ford tranny fluid is a light yellowish gold liquid as well. If you haven't seen any decrease in clutch performance I would doubt its a slave problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is no major difference in the way the clutch feels. it has been dripping from where the motor and tranny go together. At first i was thinking slave cyl. but not i feeling its something with the differential.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
the only way it could be a problem with the differential is if it blew out and punched a hole in the bellhousing, theres no other way the transmission could leak fluid from there, unless the input shaft seal blew (which is connected to the slave cylinder).

When I put my trans in the first time (used trans with used slave) the clutch was working fine but there was a brake fluid leak between the engine/trans. So do not use the clutch feeling fine as an indicator that the slave is ok.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I'm 100% with pete on the slave cylinder idea....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully sometime this week I can get some time away in the garage and drop the tranny out and see what fun I will have in front of me. I was just trying to get some basics of what to look for when I get in there so I can pay a shop to fix just that and not take all me money.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
ok post pics i'd be glad to help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts