Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ford focus ZX5 and I want to replace my OEM speaker with an aftermarket one, but I didn't realize that I need an speaker harness adapter until I removed the door panel. The speaker I bought just has two wires, but the OEM speaker actually has a plug. What kind of speaker harness adapter do I need to connect the aftermarket speakers? I looked up on rockauto but I just found some speaker connector that costs $40, I hope that's not what I need.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would not spend 40 dollars on connectors. I would just snip the wire before the factory connector and use my own connecters to hook to the aftermarket speakers depending on the new speaker set up. Do you have a pic of what the new speaker looks like on the back?

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Dont snip the wires..

you can go to a Best buy and tell them you need a speaker wire adapter kit. it shouldnt cost more than 15bucks and if you need to go back to the OEM speakers... you can

I did it early this year..i just cant remeber what part # you need..

btw: it came as a pair

·
Registered
36 Posts
If the harness is only on 15 bucks do that... Not that snipping is bad if you do it right... I've just been in situations where the harness would cost in upwards of 60 bucks because of a stock amp or something. I'm all about doing it the cheaper way. But I always do it right as in I would snip and Sauder the wires together and heat up a rubber sealer over it.. Then again it would have to be redone if you went back to oem. Just depends on your preference money you want to spend and the tools you have available.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Moved to Car Audio and Electronics. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls. Thanks for posting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts