Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ford focus, kinda running a little rough, just on idle. What is a good type of spark plug to get? The gap is .051 right? 06 focus 2.0 L

Thanks Everyone! [:D]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Have you change out your fuel filter at 30,000 mile's? How many mile's on your car? The original plug's are designed to run up to 100,000 mile's thank's to Iridum. You could replace them w/ the OEM plug. What ever you replace them with I'd run Iridum style plug. The gap should say on the sticker under your hood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Ok, yeah my car has 71000 miles on it now, and I don't know if the fuel filter has ever been changed. Is that in the fuel tank?

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Oh Ok, yeah my car has 71000 miles on it now, and I don't know if the fuel filter has ever been changed. Is that in the fuel tank?
No, it's not in the tank; it's in front of it.

http://myfordfocus.com/how-to/fuelfilter.htm

/\ there is the how to change, not hard but can be a little tricky the first time you do it. Brand new fuel filter is somewhere less than $12 where as if you pay to have it done it'll cost $100-ish. If you have Advance Auto's near you, use "P20" at check out (online) to save 20%(buy online, pick up at store)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rambleon84---- Thank you! I will change the fuel filter on this after work! I will let you know what the outcome is!

Austin C..
[wrenchin]

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
rambleon84---- Thank you! I will change the fuel filter on this after work! I will let you know what the outcome is!

Austin C..
[wrenchin]
Even after you de-pressurize the fuel system (per the directions above), you will still get some gas that will leak out. So just make sure you are in a well ventilated space with no open flames or sparks!

The tricky part of the process is removing the filter and hoses going into it, its just a tight spot so have some patience. Also, some fuel filters do not come with extra plastic clasps to hold them on, so just be sure you don’t lose or break those little things. I do mine in two processes, remove the filter and let the extra gas drain and then after the little bit of spilled gas is cleaned up/done dripping go back and reinstall. I just do that to let the fumes dissipate some before installing the new one.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would just use a pinch off clamp so you dint have any fuel spilling on you or your place you doing it. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd say use either Motorcraft or Autolite plugs. Know that the multiple electrode plugs like the Bosch +4's that Auto Zone will try to force on you do not get along well with the Ford ignition system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts