Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to travel aways to get nitrous i was just curious can you fill the bottle with medical grade? or does it have to have sulfur in it to work correctly

·
Registered
773 Posts
From what i understand it doesnt need the sulfur @ all to work. They put it in there to keep people from inhailing it. I doubt that ud be able to find anyone that would fill ur car bottle w/medical grade (pure) N2O, unless u got a hookup. Medical grade might be better b/c is cleaner and purer and it might run better. but idk about that, thats all speculation. If u do run medical grade i would sugest getting it tuned with it just incase the differences inbetween may cause something to go wrong.

i still say go for it, aagain if u can find someone to fill it.

-Sarif2029

·
Banned
9,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
^LoL, nice![rofl]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
The medical stuff is just fine if you have a source. All the nitrous used to be the same ( yes, I'm that old ).. They started putting a small trace amount of sulphur in it to keep people from huffing it. You can use either one..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
^^ by the way, sulphur is what Ford and other companies test for when investigating a blown motor under warranty

I know someone that just got busted trying to warranty his motor on a Mustang GT. They lab tested the intake and cylinder heads, found high levels of sulphur, refused the warrranty and charged him for taking the engine apart.

I'm a firm believer in "pay when you play", but I just thought I'd toss that tidbit of info out there

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scott_SVT said:
^^ by the way, sulphur is what Ford and other companies test for when investigating a blown motor under warranty

I know someone that just got busted trying to warranty his motor on a Mustang GT. They lab tested the intake and cylinder heads, found high levels of sulphur, refused the warrranty and charged him for taking the engine apart.

I'm a firm believer in "pay when you play", but I just thought I'd toss that tidbit of info out there
o im by no means trying to fool ne-one but it is just closer for medical grade than it is for the sulfur added.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts