Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to plaid the interior of my car on the door inserts and possibly the pillars, what type of material do you use for this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can really pick any material that has the pattern and texture you like. Don't go so thin as to let glue seep through or so thick as to be heavy enough to sag, and you're good.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was hoping for a suedelike material to use, but im looking for some black/white plaid, not having much luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you have a JoAnn Fabrics or something like it in your area? That's where I got my black suede from. I also saw a bunch of different plaid patterns to pick from while I was there.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I got asked so many questions as to what I was doing with plaid material when I went into Joanne fabrics, because not often they see a younger dude in there buying material. I wanted to tell them I was making catholic school girl outfits, but that probably wouldn't have gone over well...lol.

But I installed faux black suede on the A pillars and they quickly turned a weird orange purple color so I've since removed it and just painted them black.

Covering the B pillar is an utter nightmare, there are some tight corners that the fabric won't play well with when trying to cover.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My local joanns didnt have much black and white plaid, but they had every other color of the rainbow in there.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts