Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ima just give u the list of stuff going on the engine... im just wondering how much more snappier the engine response will be and how much more difference ill be able to feel through the car.

65mm tb
new cai
Race Header
Full exhaust
Focussport^^^ both
underdrive pulley
LSD
Stage 1 clutch
demon spark

also lowering the car and putting the 17" svt rims on, f&r sway bars, front sway bar, and few other goodies..

Just wanting to notice how much more ill be able to tell through the car... You know? what would i gain from it? around how much more power... My 02 zx3 already runs fast as shit for having a freeflow exhaust and cai.

Smitty

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well most of the power you added was just removed by the 17in wheels.

The lsd will make the car much more fun to drive! and will be faster as well but not any more power.

Everything else will probally add around 20hp and a little more tq. but again your gonna loose alot ot those new rims.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The 17's won't affect it nearly that much, trust me, I've had a few sets and I've run better lately with the 17's than the 15's with an open diff.

Correct about the 20hp, but that's to the flywheel.. I'd say about.. 12whp at the most. The LSD is supposed to cut off 3/10th's in a 1/4 mile.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
^^^i think hell get alittle more then 12whp, get a tune as well, and maybe some tunable cam gears.

·
Registered
182 Posts
tunable cam gears makes a noticable differance. i put mine on and got them tuned and you could feel it the butt dyno says hells yeah to that.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i did get stage 1 cams... what do you think id see then/ i've thought about it, but not so sure yet.

smitty

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
from the list i would say drop the "demon spark" and get a flex pipe to finish the exhaust. and yes the lsd will make the car quicker, if you dont get wheel hop. before the lsd i could shift hard into 2nd and spin through it. now it just barks and i think my new tires coming will stop most of that too.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
and i would probably got with no less than a stg 2 clutch. with all that stuf i'd say you could probably hit a low-mid 16 depending on the driver.

·
Registered
79 Posts
With your mods, the stock clutch will hold up fine and last loooooooonnnng.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts