Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 04 svt and was wondering what different types of chips there are which one in your guys opinions is the best and which one may make more power?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The SVT doesn't have a replaceable 'chip' we have to use a flash tool to load a new program into the computer. Works the same way basically.

The two brands I know of are SCT(Xcalibrater, Xcalibrater II) and Diablo (Predator) both are good tools, custom tunes are offered by quite a few places.

I personally have the SCT Xcal2, custom tuned by Wayne at Hypnotic Illusions Automotive. He has a forum on this site. I like it very much. I hear all good things about the predator as well.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Check out HypIllauto.com for your tune. There is a forum there as well if you care to ask more direct questions about his tuning.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Hope you enjoy your focus. and As said before the SCT Xcalibrator and Xcalibrator 2 are both available aas well as the Diablo Predator. Wayne from www.hypillauto.com and Tom from www.focus-power.com both do excellent jobs with the tuning on these cars.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Oh, forgot to add. Wayne does tunes with the SCT Xcalibrator and Xcalibrator 2 and Tom uses the Predator if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
738 Posts
svt_gEEk said:
Oh, forgot to add. Wayne does tunes with the SCT Xcalibrator and Xcalibrator 2 and Tom uses the Predator if I am not mistaken.
correct! tom uses the predator... all I can say is[thumb]

tom's tune rocks! I've heard great things about wayne's too, but have not tried it for myself... but I do have tom's and love it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts