Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i get the powerworks installed in the next two weeks, what kind of cars should i be able to take down? im expecting to make around 280hp @ the wheels and 220-230tq, on a 93oct. tune.[?]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
NON turbo cars.......

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
hmmm....280? That's a lot of HP! Are you gonna have that thing turned up? I dunno much about superchargers esp. on the SVT..but with your car and that HP you should be in the Mustang GT range I would imagine. WRX's and SRT-4's should be no problem and STi's should definitely not seem as fast as they did before. GL man!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, nice orange, i actually already plan on running a friends 1.8t jetta, soon as i get it up and running, i plan on spanking it.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
get used to the car before doing anything like this. its going to be totally different than your used to and easy to overpower when least expected.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Slow ones.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4,500 with shipping

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
does it really matter what cars you are faster than? I didnt buy my SC with the sole intent to be faster than anything.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, right.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
^ not cool man

from a role i would think most anything STOCK you could keep up with...camaro ss, mustang gt, srt-4, any ss or redline, gti, gli, possibly an evo and sti (and i mean ONLY from a role)...but good luck with pumping 280, i seriously doubt though that you will get those kind of numbers..i would shoot moreso to a safe 250

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Just be happy that you are going to suprise the hell out of most guys that a Focus can be that fast.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
bryanjw82 said:
lol, nice orange, i actually already plan on running a friends 1.8t jetta, soon as i get it up and running, i plan on spanking it.
um i beat a stock 1.8t gti golf from a roll... more than once. and i am far from FI power. and i have it on vid.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would say alot of things. With 280 I would think you would pull on about anything stock, with the exception of the ubber expensive stuff. Evos, Sti's, and the new stangs will be a stretch but, from a role I think you can take them. If you put 280 to the wheels your car will fly. It will kill a lot of turbo cars to, not Oranges LOL cause that thing is a monster, but with your low end toruqe you will get a lot of cars.
BTW, if you do not have some kind of LSD, GET IT. Otherwise you will get owned by all. LOL

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
bryanjw82 said:
I've raced a couple 1.8t golfs and a 1.8t jetta and beat them all. Even my friends VR6 golf I beat at the track (I'm gonna say that was cause he cant drive though, cause he was running far from what he should have been all night.).

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
SVT_BMXer said:
does it really matter what cars you are faster than? I didnt buy my SC with the sole intent to be faster than anything.
some people like having the "upper hand" with power over other cars rather than racing at the track...there is nothing wrong with having a different personality.

And to the thread starter...you should be able to KEEP UP with quite a few stock performance cars, but you won't beat a lot by a larger margin. 280whp in a FWD car is a good number, but 280 whp over the broad spectrum of POWERFUL cars is fairly low.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i understand that my car will be pretty quick for what it is, not even considering beating higher end cars with any mods, just a little higher end cars that are stock and wouldn't expect me to pull them. As far as the Lsd, not happening for a while, im pretty broke right now, when i do that i want to do the clutch and flywheel at the same time. And the post about being lucky to put down 250 to the wheels safe? right, im getting retuned, and getting more power out of it, and it already puts down [email protected] the wheels with its base tune. I Definetly see having a problem with traction when its done, big downer for now. But im sure it will still be blast.

·
Registered
723 Posts
250 is a more likely number but if you manage 280 WHP then go find you an STi or an EVO. They're obviously quick from the hole but the AWD really gets'em on the top end. My GTO beat them easy on the highway.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts