Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

I'm considering buying a 2004 Focus ZX5 SVT EAP edition focus. very clean, all maintenance records. Timing belt and Waterpump and Clutch done at about 100k. Oil always changed. HOwever, car still has 150k miles on it. What are your thoughts on this? Are these engines know for longevity? Just wanted to get some opinions before I make a decision.

Thanks

John

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Got another 100k or more in it, depending how it's cared for.

General Car Chat has the longevity threads, you'd be surprised how far some go.

Or they get maint. ignored & become donors early.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seller is asking $4,300. AGain, 2004 ZX5 4 door with EAP Package. I know they are rare. one is Silver, the other Sonic Blue. both have 150k. Is this a good price or what should I be paying? Body and interior clean one of them, driverside heated seat not working.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
did you end up working something out or buying the vehicle?

If i may ask, what did you end up paying for it? I am wondering what my 5 door svt may be worth with 150k.

In my opinion Mileage isn't everything. Ive seen cars with under 100k beat to death and at the end of their life. Or a vehicle like my escalade esv with 175k doesn't burn a drop of oil, never had a hitch on it and was taken very good care of. Now it will end up needing work but so will something thats been beaten to death very early in its life.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It seems like a fair price. I have 172K+ on my 2004 EAP. It does have it's maintenance issues but it is both a fun and utilitarian vehicle. You just need to fix things as they break (which they do, and maybe a little too often) and hopefully someone has the correct parts that you need. Don't be fooled by the 2.0L engine displacement, it is not an econ-o-car for fuel usage.

Make sure that you have a good mechanic or a very good set of metric tools.

Just my $.02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts