Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't seem like we have a favorite mod thread lets get one started!
Now there are all sorts of different mods for your car, name your favorite functional (something that serves a purpose on the car) and nonfunctional (something that does not affect the car such as a body kit) mod [cheers]

Functional - I have to say my retrofitted headlights are my favorite
They light up the road so much better I can drive better at night. Money well spent!

Nonfunctional - 3D Carbon rear skirt. How can you not like this? [scratch]

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Favorite functional mod:
Toms tune for the 2002 atx zx3

Favorite non functional mod:
Roush Hood scoop on the 07 ST.

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
Functional- My boost

non-functional- midwing

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
It doesn't seem like we have a favorite mod thread lets get one started!
Now there are all sorts of different mods for your car, name your favorite functional (something that serves a purpose on the car) and nonfunctional (something that does not affect the car such as a body kit) mod [cheers]

Functional - I have to say my retrofitted headlights are my favorite
They light up the road so much better I can drive better at night. Money well spent!

Nonfunctional - 3D Carbon rear skirt. How can you not like this? [scratch]
Off-topic but that's a sharp looking 08-11 right there. Have you considered blacking out or tinting the ford emblems? I did it on my white f-150 and I love it.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ just a black oval or making the blue black?
If it was just a black oval I don't think that'd look right and if you meant make the blue black I have not thought about doing that and am unsure about how to go about doing so

·
Not so green zx3
7,199 Posts
1) Warm the Emblem with a hairdryer for about 2 minutes. Turn it over and carefully pry around the perimeter with a thin flat object. Now you'll have the front (painted) part (piece 1) and rear seal (piece 2) seperated. Set piece 2 aside where it won't get dirty, the adhesive on it is enough to reseal the finished emblem. CAUTION: if you don't warm the emblem enough before prying, you will crack the clear portion!

2) In order to change the color you must remove the stock color. On the front of piece 1 you'll notice the silver "FORD" is raised on a blue background. When you flip it over the "FORD" is inset and the background is raised. Take fine sandpaper (or a fine emery board) and carefully sand away the background color.

3) Now paint the backside of the emblem any color you want. Touch-up paint or Testors model paints and brush will work fine for this. Allow it to dry thoroughly.

4) Put the 2 pieces back together. And admire your work. If you broke off the mounting tabs removing your emblem, 3M auto adhesive tape works great.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1) Warm the Emblem with a hairdryer for about 2 minutes. Turn it over and carefully pry around the perimeter with a thin flat object. Now you'll have the front (painted) part (piece 1) and rear seal (piece 2) seperated. Set piece 2 aside where it won't get dirty, the adhesive on it is enough to reseal the finished emblem. CAUTION: if you don't warm the emblem enough before prying, you will crack the clear portion!

2) In order to change the color you must remove the stock color. On the front of piece 1 you'll notice the silver "FORD" is raised on a blue background. When you flip it over the "FORD" is inset and the background is raised. Take fine sandpaper (or a fine emery board) and carefully sand away the background color.

3) Now paint the backside of the emblem any color you want. Touch-up paint or Testors model paints and brush will work fine for this. Allow it to dry thoroughly.

4) Put the 2 pieces back together. And admire your work. If you broke off the mounting tabs removing your emblem, 3M auto adhesive tape works great.
Man what the.. I don't want to do that.. lol [bigcry]
I might just get a random emblem to practice on. But.. are the Probe emblems still the same as the ones on these cars?
I know on my Taurus SHO the ford emblems were flat

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Man what the.. I don't want to do that.. lol [bigcry]
I might just get a random emblem to practice on. But.. are the Probe emblems still the same as the ones on these cars?
I know on my Taurus SHO the ford emblems were flat
Even easier and cheaper get a fb designs overlay

·
Registered
529 Posts
Functional - gutting the entire car except for the drivers seat and dash
Non-functional - blacked out sidemarkers instead of the ugly orange ones

Honourable mention to the Steeda short throw shifter for my fav functional mod

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Functional - head swap

NonFunctional - does not apply to me

·
Registered
98 Posts
^ just a black oval or making the blue black?
If it was just a black oval I don't think that'd look right and if you meant make the blue black I have not thought about doing that and am unsure about how to go about doing so
If your trying to do something to your ford emblem i did this (check out tfbdesigns.com) they have a lot of stuff:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Damn this is hard....

Functional - intake/tb/portedIM/SVT header

Non Funcutional - The one and only MK1 CF trunk lid now with matching CF hood

1 - 20 of 21 Posts