Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Anzo headlights and they arrived today... damaged. It looks like the white wire came loose from this device I don't recognize. There is no documentation on the headlight assembly parts so I can't figure out what it is for.

Is anyone able to tell me what this part is and if there is any way to fix the loose wire? It was torn out flush and it doesn't look like it opens to pull out more wire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had another look at this in the morning and I think it's an LED daytime running light controller. I guess for automatically turning on the DRL when the car turns on.

So now the question is should I attempt to fix this somehow, get a replacement from the seller, or buy a more durable controller at a retail chain. For ~20 bucks I think buying a newer, more durable one is the way to go. Someone let me know if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
It's the ballast for the CFL and LEDs in the housing. There is no DRL controller. Get a replacement from the seller. It was damaged in shipping.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the ballast for the CFL and LEDs in the housing. There is no DRL controller. Get a replacement from the seller. It was damaged in shipping.

Thanks bro.

I got with amazon customer service and they offered me a 20% refund, so now I have 40 bucks to buy a new ballast with. I think I came out on top there.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Have you found a place to buy a new one? I had mine for close to 3 years before selling them and had no issues with them. But I was always curious where to go if I needed new ones

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you found a place to buy a new one? I had mine for close to 3 years before selling them and had no issues with them. But I was always curious where to go if I needed new ones
This is what I found when I looked on amazon:

ROBERTSON 3P20128 Fluorescent eBallast for 1 CFQ26W/G24q CFL Lamp, Preheat Rapid Start, 120Vac, 50-60Hz, Normal Ballast Factor, NPF, Model RSO126CQ120 AA (Replaces Model RSO126CQ120 /A): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I sent an email to the manufacturer and asked them if they knew what an appropriate replacement would be as well.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
This is what I found when I looked on amazon:

ROBERTSON 3P20128 Fluorescent eBallast for 1 CFQ26W/G24q CFL Lamp, Preheat Rapid Start, 120Vac, 50-60Hz, Normal Ballast Factor, NPF, Model RSO126CQ120 AA (Replaces Model RSO126CQ120 /A): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I sent an email to the manufacturer and asked them if they knew what an appropriate replacement would be as well.
I don't believe that will work at all. The power source for that is clearly labeled as AC, and everything on your car works on DC.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I used to have these same lights. I just emailed the seller on eBay that I bought them from to see if they knew where to find a replacement ballast for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to have these same lights. I just emailed the seller on eBay that I bought them from to see if they knew where to find a replacement ballast for you.
Thanks man.

I sent an email to Anzo directly to see if they can give some details on the ballast or let me purchase a replacement from them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anzo tech support responded and said they will just send me a new one free of charge. Talk about customer service.

He called it an inverter though.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hmm, odd. Well inverter/ballast whatever haha. It still power a CFL bulb which makes it a ballast in my mind. Good to hear though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts