Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have had damn idle issues (which the idle will stay around 1500 rpm for about 20 seconds after I get off the gas. also the idle gets worst when the a/c is turned on or the defroster) and a check engine light on for about two months now. I have replaced all of the following parts that did eliminate the check engine light but not the idle problem.

1 DPFE
2. TPS
3. MAF
4. All vacuum lines leading to the DPFE
5. IACV

So tonight after dinner I started in on the focus. I cleaned the throttle body and linkage thinking that might be the problem. Then I noticed as I was revving up the engine that this Vacuum line kept collapsing each time I would rev the engine. Could this be the source of my idle problem and what the hell is this vacuum line for anyways? Any help would be great thanks.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
There's a thread in here about that stupid little hose causing all sorts of problems. I tried looking for the thread but had no luck. I'll keep searching for you though and post a link.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
thats it, its the pcv hose that leads to the back of the intake manifold. i recently had the same problem only my hose would collapse whenever the motor was running.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I am going to replace this vacuum line. I hope that this solves the idle issue. One question I do have is how do you get the clamp off the hose? Do you just squeeze it together so that it will release?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Just a vacuum line. It will just slide out of place and then you can replace it with some hard plastic line shoved in the rubber line. That would be cheaper than to replace the whole line with the OEM part. I did mine for free. I got some plastic vacuum lines from our driveability guy. Focus' do that all the time. The lines just get old and get weak and collaspe on themselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts