Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to find out what the piece next to my window is called. Its not painted like the rest of the body, its more of a flat black area that smudges with fingerprints easiy and gets nasty. I was trying to see if there are replacement ones, maybe of higher quality or different material or painted at least. Let me know if you can! I tried searching, but I dont know the name so it didnt help lol..

I have a 2004 ZX3

·
FoFo Quebec!
1,486 Posts
Maybe this will help you

If you're talking about the vertical part of the window frame, there is some after market parts available. Here is something from fordparts.com that looks like metal but is only plastic. Have a look on ebay and in the galleries in here, you'll find some ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the shiny but I dont really want that on my jet black car :p I was hoing they made painted pieces. I guess now that I know its the B Pillar Trim I can look around! Thanks!

·
Registered
563 Posts
If they go on with the 3M double side tape, which they more then likely do, they will never, ever come off. Only way to get them off is to ruin the B Pillar (trust me on this lol)

·
Registered
621 Posts
EggYolkBill said:
I'd suggest you get the shiny SVT piece before buying that "applique."

Shiny "SVT" Piece? mines just plain gloss black to match the rubber trim. is there an aftermarket SVT B pillar piece? if so i'd love to know where to get it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I also hate the fact that it leaves fingerprint smudges like no other everytime you shut the door.

especially after a car wash/detail

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
DarwinSays said:
Shiny "SVT" Piece? mines just plain gloss black to match the rubber trim. is there an aftermarket SVT B pillar piece? if so i'd love to know where to get it.
The regular ZX3 has a flat black piece where yours is "glossy." The rear window triangle and mirrors are the same way.

·
Registered
272 Posts
www.batinc.net sells gloss black trim pieces a la Euro Focus that will fit 00-04. They might look good for most people. Otherwise I think you're looking at paint. I would try to find a set at the wreckers and paint them up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts