Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this for sure, it is on the rear suspension of 2006 Ford Focus. I think it is called lower control arm for rear suspension, but I am finding some parts sites saying that they carry a front and rear lower control arm for rear suspension.

Has anyone had any experience changing this? Is it hard, looks like mine is shot.

·
Registered
258 Posts
That bushing is for sure shot. Get a not so zoomed in shot and someone will chime in faster

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
It's called a trailing arm, but some places might call it the front rear lower control arm like you said. What exactly is wrong with it? I believe it is supposed to be twisted like that.

I'm going to move this thread to Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension where you'll get the best answer. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for questions about general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Technically, according to the Ford parts manual, that's a "front lower suspension arm." The lower arm that holds the spring is the "rear lower suspension arm".
Part # YS4Z-5600-DA

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
OH crap, I totally screwed that up. That is the lower rear control arm. The trailing arm is the one that points front to rear of the vehicle. That one goes from the outside to the center of the vehicle. I didn't realize that the rear upper control arm was in the picture until I looked at it after moving the thread.

Apparently I'm wrong again. BCZX3 has the right manual for the job.

Still- what's wrong with it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I wasn't sure that this was my issue, but I have squeaking noise when I go over bumps coming from the rear passenger side. I assumed that this was the culprit. I didn't take the other wheel off to see if the drivers side was the same.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Sometimes its referred to as a toe link.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Regarding the squeaks in the rear passenger side, see the post here and the other thread I link to within.

This is often an issue with a brake cable, or sometimes just needing some grease on the rear bushings.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
not at all. it looks like the bushing is shot and I'm suprised you have'nt metioned your car feeling loose

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I would replace both anyways for the time it takes. rockauto has them real real cheap compared to ford and their $160 crap

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well are my current ones bad for sure? Just looked at a set from CFM, not sure I want to spend that much on it. I can get the non adjustable type from MOOG about 70 bucks a piece, but I don't want to spend any money if these aren't wore out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh I didn't notice your post about the rock auto ones, they are a better price at about 50 bucks. What about the bolts, should I replace those as well and where would I be able to get those from?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
the bolts look like they may come out. if you do have to cut them off they are about 2.50 from the dealer (in canada anyways)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts