Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen engine bay pics without it, and I want to eliminate it for an idea I have. (i borrowed this pic from another thread on FF, it's not my pic)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Thats the Jackson Support. If you take it off your rear tires will go bald 2x as fast

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, i think it used to hold the blinker fluid reservoir, but i had that deleted for weight savings and ZOMG^&&!!11!! 30+ HP and 40+ MPG.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Its part of the support for your transmission mount. You kinda need it unless you want your engine to fall out.

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i saw that i goes under the mount on that side, bu then I saw this picture.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
member 06roush i believe just removed that bracket for his wire tuck.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
It helps to align the trans mount and provides the mounting points for the factory air box. There is no adverse affect if you remove it. I haven't had it in my car for roughly 5 years now, no issues.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
yep mine is gone. just gotta remove the trans mount then unbolt it from the fender then remove it and reinstall your trans mount. its only used for the mounting of the stock intake box, and also the battery box has a bolt that conects to it. just left that bolt off. looks alot better with out it if you ask me.

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It helps to align the trans mount and provides the mounting points for the factory air box. There is no adverse affect if you remove it. I haven't had it in my car for roughly 5 years now, no issues.
thanks. i don't have the stock intake and i wouldn't think that a bracket that looks that flimsy would help hold up the engine.

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep mine is gone. just gotta remove the trans mount then unbolt it from the fender then remove it and reinstall your trans mount. its only used for the mounting of the stock intake box, and also the battery box has a bolt that conects to it. just left that bolt off. looks alot better with out it if you ask me.
sweet.. this is coming out soon then. i have big plans for cleaning up my engine bay and setting up a cool intake, and i'll make a thread with pics once it's done.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
dood!! What abuot da blinkker fliud???

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
somebody has a dirty engine... :(
lol[werd] ..i know

it's not mine though.. i just borrowed a pic from another thread that had a clear view of the bracket.

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts