Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine you had every one of the best available modifications for the 2.3 Duratec (pzev)....except for FI.

What is the maximum amount of HP and Torque you could create naturally aspirated?

Can anybody compile a list of every available mod for this motor?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm guessing you need to go to www.focussport.com and looke at the cosworth stage 1,2, and 3.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have done that many a time. But those don't take into account many other motor modifications. Just imagine the most built up 2.3 in the world.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The record is currently held by MarcyMotorsport at 221whp n/a

The new car/motor setup should be good for close to 250whp once it is done being tuned.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$?????????

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'd say it'd be good for like 759 WHP. yea, that should just about be right...

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nono you got it all wrong slikirish..you're thinkin about the SPI

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The d3 kit was never actually released.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cams? flywheels? I dunno....I feel like this motor has more potential than that. I don't know much about all this.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It all depends on how far you want to go. To truly make power you need to rebuild the motor for more compression and so it can run large cams, not to mention all of the other supporting mods. If I had a header and intake manifold my current setup would be over 200whp, I have the black car that Walter made 221whp. We took some of the mods off so as to make it more street friendly.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice Brian...that sounds like a sweet car! Why don't you have any pictures up? How fast could you get to 60?? pass the 1/4 mile??

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
There aren't any 1/4 tracks anywhere nearby.

I have pics of the car, if someone wants to see them they can feel free to ask me. I don't really dig posting pics of the car, it's a bit of a pain.

It looks fairly stock, somewhere between an svt and a normal black zx3.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
archie said:
check out focus-power stroker kits.
From what I understand (unless something changed- cross your fingers), Tom is no longer offering stroker kits for Duratecs and is only offering kits for the Zetec. It's a shame because I wouldn't mind having a large displacement Duratec, but it would be more cost effective to simply build a junkyard D23 to replace the D20.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
^^i believe he is still offering them for the duratec they are still listed on his webpage. so i assume he is still offering them.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Trav-E2.0 said:
Pamona [;)]
229 miles, 4hrs 5min is a city to city distance for me.

Sorry, aint gonna happen. That's way too freakin far away to get a # I don't care about. I just don't have any interest in drag racing a fwd car that is setup to be a open track/fun daily driver car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
whynotthinkwhynot said:
From what I understand (unless something changed- cross your fingers), Tom is no longer offering stroker kits for Duratecs and is only offering kits for the Zetec. It's a shame because I wouldn't mind having a large displacement Duratec, but it would be more cost effective to simply build a junkyard D23 to replace the D20.
Or you could always snag a D25 from a Contour SVT and stick it in or try to squeeze in a D30 from an old Taurus if you're swapping the engine anyways [:D]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts