·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of a stock clutch?

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I have been told anywhere in the neighborhood of 200 whp if its in good shape.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
150-160ft/lbs tq is the limit of the stock clutch if memory serves

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
yes, its the torque that will fry it, and its not even that high. mine fried at 144 wtq. so i upgraded to a spec 3+

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
hey brad do you know what the tq limit is on the exedy oe clutch? i think its at least 180lbs or more. i regularly put a 100 shot of nitrous to mine and never had an issue with slipping and im pretty sure that that equals more than 180ft lbs

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Constant load is different than a shock load ... you aren't on the NO2 as you're shifting and the clutch is fully engaged before you hit the go baby go button.
My stock clutch doesn't slip at all at any RPM if I mash the gas. But if I shift too quick and get on it it'll slip like crazy at higher RPM (because that's where I'm making more TQ).
So for you, Maniac, it works. But for a SC car or high HP/TQ N/A it might not.

I'm sitting around the 150-160 wheel TQ area right now and the stock clutch slips. It's only got 500, or so, miles on it. So I'd say stock should be replaced around the 140-150 WTQ area. If nothing else just to be safe.
BTW, I got 173,xxx miles out of my stock clutch and was near the 130 WTQ area the whole time.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I have the CF dual friction clutch and it holds well for my mods. In fact I have about 100k mi on it. I can't chirp 3rd any more but it doesn't slip. From what I remember I thought the stock clutch could hold up to n/a power just not FI power?

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
It can hold up to N/A power. I dont think its very easy to pull 150 wtq NA is it?

What is the limit on the centerforce clutch? I have one in my room and I'm building an NA engine.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 9 of 9 Posts