Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Lol, I know someone who has a PWSC ZX5 and has around 380hp.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
you forgot to mention that they are spraying a butt load of nitrous on top of it. you arent getting 380hp from a pwsc on a zetec without some off the wall modifications or a butt load of giggle gas

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know anything about the Powerworks supercharger. I'm getting 250 whp with a Procharger at 10psi and water injection (I have no room for an intercooler) on a 2.0 Duratec. Currently the car is running 40 lb/hr injectors and running out of fuel around 6,000 rpm, I'm going to 60 lb/hr injectors for more power and better margin of safety.

·
FF Affiliate
30,673 Posts
I don't know anything about the Powerworks supercharger. I'm getting 250 whp with a Procharger at 10psi and water injection (I have no room for an intercooler) on a 2.0 Duratec. Currently the car is running 40 lb/hr injectors and running out of fuel around 6,000 rpm, I'm going to 60 lb/hr injectors for more power and better margin of safety.
You should not be running out of injector with 250hp at the wheels , what makes you feel like your out of injectors ?

Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
You should not be running out of injector with 250hp at the wheels , what makes you feel like your out of injectors ?

Tom
Tom,

At 6,500 rpm on the dyno the injectors were at 100% duty cycle. currently I have the rev limiter come in at 6,000.

I am running Haltech stand-alone ecu and for the first tuning runs the car had a 30 gal/min pump at 48 psi and the mentioned 40 lb/hr injectors. I have since installed a 60 gal/hr pump and the larger injectors but haven't had it on the dyno for a re-tune yet.

Chris

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Supercharger, turbo, or n/a you never want to run above 80% percent duty cycle from what I've read and heard over the years. Anymore than that and the fuel injector is not longer injecting it's just staying open and spraying.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm going to spend the better part of the next year looking for a PWSC. 250hp with 200+tq is right around where I'd like to be with my car. I would do a TB, ORP and maybe an FS Werks Stealth exhaust, along with an LSD up front. Other than that, I want to keep it simple, as it's a low(er) mileage car that is very clean underneath, inside and out. Car is a daily driver.

Good info here, the numbers sound good for it… I've been sold on the PW over the JRSC, and I don't want to go turbo or pro charger… I like the price of the PW and the install is straightforward.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Right now it is stock, besides svt header and Orp.

I think I'm going to slap the PW Charger on for now,

Later on in a few months when I get some cash Ill make a big build : )

JE Pistions 9.0 CR 85mm
Eagle rods
2.4 Blower Pulley
Oversized valves and Ported head
milled for 10.0 or 10.2 compression
Comp stage 2 Cams or maybe FI cams, i dunno

That should put me to where I wanna be 260-280 WHP, I hope

·
Registered
100 Posts
Has anyone tried to use a killer chiller on the pw like they use on the cobras and lightnings? What about a ported pw, anyone have any experience with one?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Im just wondering its a toss up which way im wanting to go, plus I dont think a turbo is going to be cheaper then a pw, they usually go for around $2-2500.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Has anyone tried to use a killer chiller on the pw like they use on the cobras and lightnings? What about a ported pw, anyone have any experience with one?
I plan on porting my PWSC prior to installation on my SVT… I have a build thread posted. Numbers on a stock car are suppose to be around 250hp, but we shall see… I'm at this point not doing any other mods other than the PWSC, which is why I'm going to port and polish the kit. Kit is virtually brand new with only about a thousand miles on it.

Reactions: nicobakkerz

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Just keep in mind that porting a blower really doesn't do much.
The volume of air the rotors can take in is fixed. So opening before or after them doesn't do much of anything. It's the rotor speed that is the major factor in airflow.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I agree, the blower is designed to run at a certain speed, The 2.4 blower pulley with out the crank overdrive pulley is running about its full potential of incoming air. To make more and/or efficient power, you need to get the air out of the engine fast enough so that fresh O2 the blower is pushing can get in, So things like stage 2 cams, long tube headers, ORPS, polishing the head on the exhaust side, and bigger than stock CAt back are the answer I think after you have max boost.

Off course a good Tune and a engine with all working efficeint parts will help tremendously. (knock sensor, Clean your MAF sensor, New idler and tensioner bearings)

If I were you, I would get a dremel and clean out for exhaust ports on the head, or get it professinally done. I think this might be better than porting the Blower. The only work on the blower would be to get new bearings installed and clean up the intercooler if its all gunked up

·
Registered
100 Posts
Porting a blower does help! It helps with the bottleneck inlet/outlet and increases efficency. Cobras can get an increase of 25-50 hp depending on mods.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Bringing an old thread back to life. Interested in starting to save for a PWSC kit. Ideally, I would go the Procharger route. What model of Procharger Family do most guys run on the SVTF? Man, all I can imagine is a knarly F1 w/fully built motor!!

How about other companies, i.e. Paxton Novi, Vortech, Powerdyne etc.?

Sean

21 - 40 of 55 Posts