Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I just wanted to get an idea of how much horsepower people have developed with the Powerworks kit. Zetec or SVT.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Best I've heard of is 270. The most common mistake made on by people building PWSC motors is dropping the compression, a no-no on a roots blown car.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I think around that number 250-270 no more than that though. I don't think anyone ever hit 300 with a supercharger on here. If they did it was only one person using race gas and black magic.

·
FF Affiliate
30,603 Posts
The problem with the PW is the more power you try to make the higher the IAT goes which isnt what you want , the PW as it is in stock pulley even makes insane hight IAT

Tom

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I thought pwsc was far superior to jackson racing as far as power. Whats the best supercharger setup for our car?

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Seems like a supercharger for a very fun dd. A turbo for serious power but reliability goes out the window it seems. Fast/cheap/reliable. Pick two!

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
My friend has a built turbo svt and its never running right. I'd rather have a procharger pushing close to 300 whp. Thats good enough for me.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Reliability is all in the tune and not running stupid amounts of boost on a stock motor, I have a JRSC with 100K and I have a 07 st with a turbo that’s has over 60K both motors are well over a 120K on the motor. Both motors are 100% stock and I run about 9 to 9.5 psi of boost.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Zetec Powerworks, FR head, perfect CR (what ever that is 10.5 for F/I ?) SVT Header, ORP, TUNE, FI Cams, Smaller pulley for more boost, any body have a guess of what that would make?? somebody has had to run that kind of setup before.??

·
Registered
279 Posts
Has anybody WIth A P/W gotten better numbers with a better or bigger Intercooler/Low temp Radiator?

Also is there a preffered or liked brand of aftermarket Intercooler/Low temp Radiator?

keeping the temps down seems like a big winner for the Roots blower.
Appreciate any input.

·
FF Affiliate
30,603 Posts
Problem is the pw to start with is undersized and the cooler part is built into the SC and is to small so it cannot keep up with the super high IAT , I have seen over 250+ deg intake air temps with the pw and there is no affordable way to make the SC or the cooler in the SC any larger

You would be better off doing the procharger and starting with the larger blower

Tom

·
Registered
279 Posts
I appreciate the info. I got a killer deal on a PW charger (i'm sure some people have paid more for an SVT Header swap) and it was the only thing in my price range so I'm just trying to make the best of it for what I could afford ,going Forced Indu. Because of the deal I have a little extra to get some goodies for it and I thought trying to cool it would be better than going straight to an Overboost pulley with the standard PW kit.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
spray a teeny shot of nitrous on top of it. that will keep it plenty cool and will make a nice power bump too. do you have a built or stock bottom end?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts