Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under my driver seat, there is a black box with some wires going to it. It's under the seat on the left(closes side to door). You can kind of move it around slightly but it seems connected somehow. Anyone know what this is?

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
Dont move that !!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha alright. I figured it was either for the power seats or the airbags or something. I just thought it was a bit weird that it wasn't straight up and down and was kind of angled, like below:

[ \]

the "\" is the box, angled instead of straight up and down, if that makes any sense lol.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Haha alright. I figured it was either for the power seats or the airbags or something. I just thought it was a bit weird that it wasn't straight up and down and was kind of angled, like below:

[ \]

the "\" is the box, angled instead of straight up and down, if that makes any sense lol.
Is it the vents under the seat?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it the vents under the seat?
Nah it's some sort of an electrical box. I didn't know if it controlled the airbags, powered seats, or the heated seats. I checked the passenger seat and it is there too so it's definitely something for either the air bags or heated seats.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
How big a box?

Wire connector is pretty large & blocky looking on all of these cars...

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts

Item Description
1 Front door side impact sensor
2 PAD indicator
3 OCS sensor
4 Safety belt retractor with Belt Tension Sensor (BTS)
5 C-pillar side impact sensor
6 Front impact severity sensor
7 RCM
8 Safety belt buckle with switch
9 Seat position sensor
#9 is on the side of the seat in this above diagram, is the seat position sensor.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Under my driver seat, there is a black box with some wires going to it. It's under the seat on the left(closes side to door). You can kind of move it around slightly but it seems connected somehow. Anyone know what this is?
Yes, it is a tracking device that was installed by the CIA while you were sleeping.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Silver deserves to be tracked all the time :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts