Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock ride height right now. Was wondering what is the biggest wheel i can put on here?

I plan on getting eibachs lowering kit as well.

Will 18's work or can i go bigger?

Ive seen a car on here with 19s, Will 20s fit?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I won't talk to anyone with 19"s on a focus (jk)
18 is the biggest you should ever go
even with 18's and lowered you'll rub
if you're just wanting your' focus to ride in for looks
go for it, but if you are a "spirited" driver
like me, I won't go above 17"
specially if you're lowering more than an inch I would say
do a search
I don't want any more wheel dents
and I don't need to add to the
rotating mass as it is

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
bigger wheels=more rotating mass. you'll see a noticeable drop in power getting to the ground, but at least you'll look good doing it! but please, 19's would just look cheesy on a focus. they belong on 20 year old sedans and trucks. ok, new cadillacs, too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I say if you are not worried about speed or moving for that matter, the bigger the better. Just dont stick some 20 inch chrome spinners on it....im putting 18 inch on my lowered focus in spite of what those douche bags at the tire warehouse me, I just dont know what style to put, the EVO 5 or or Evo ^ Dual Spoke?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
if you put anything bigger than 19's i'ma never talk to you again. If you put anything bigger than 19-20+ the entire Focus world will collectively kick your a$$

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have 18 inch helo nerve on mine chome with a 30 hight on my tires which i've bent like 3 rims already and looked to see if i could go with a 35 hight [pray] witch it just fits with out rubbing lil just a lil on the very sharp turns but no fender rubbing just warms up the plastic as far as lowering yea thats out of the question lol but with a body kit the car alread looks slamed on the floor

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So 18's withough a lower. And 17s lowered.

What size 17 do you guys go with.

I should lift my focus and trows some 4's on there. LOL

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
^^^^what he said, i think the most common size 17inch tires are either 205-45-17, or 215-45-17. 19s are pushing it, 20s are just rediculous

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to put some nice wide rims on the rear of my 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 with a nice deep dish but I was wondering how wide can i go? I'm currently on Tein lowering springs but im in the market for some nice coilovers too and my current set up is 17x7 and they rub, I want to go 16x9, any suggestions or anyone into that nice stance set up out here?

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Some peeps are running 19" fusion rims, looks pretty good, not sure how rougher the ride is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts