Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is running pretty bad so i decided i was going to switch out the spark plugs and chag the oil. Just wondering what your guys opinions on the best brands to go with.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I use Pennzoil Platinum (Full Synthetic) and Motorcraft coppers (www.c-f-m.com) with an MSD Coil and Wires...and Royal Purple Syncromesh trans fluid (coming wed. from Jegs)

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Mobil 1 Synthetic and Motorcraft Coppers.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I used to run M1, but Penn Plat. says cleaner so much longer..still gold when I change my oil...

·
Registered
21 Posts
penn. sucks mobile all the way. Have a freind that owns an oil shop says penn. is the cheapest no wait quaker than penn. But most synthetics are awsome anyways

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
If I had the $$ all the time, Id do Royal Purple 5w30...THATS the best..

·
Registered
511 Posts
I just gave my car the "royal" treatment (pun intended) this weekend and this is what I did to it:

Engine Oil- Royal Purple 5w30
Oil Filter- K&N
Tranny Fluid- Royal Purple Synchromax
Plugs- Denso
Wires- Ford Racing 9mm
Fuel Filter- Motorcraft

All I can saw is DDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN what a difference. The engine runs quieter, responds faster, and the tranny shifts buttery smooth. I love it. In fact, when I get my tune sorted out and order my short shifter, BMW will have to default their claim of "Ultimate Driving Machine" on the basis of false advertisement [:D]

Word of caution: If you by any chance end up getting the Denso Iridium plugs, be vewy vewy caeful (Elmer Fudd voice) when you try to gap them, the tips are very brittle. If you don't want to deal with that, get the Motorcraft Coppers, very good plug for very little money (they just won't last as long).

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Im running Denso Irridiums and only use Mobil One.

·
Registered
511 Posts
CFM recommended the ITV22 for me (tune, Intake, Cat-coming soon). I had a bit of a headache trying to find the right part number. The Denso site says the # is ITV24, but CFM says that is much too cold for an NA SVT (they are using the 24's on their blown SVTF). So I just went with what CFM since they seem like they know what they are doing =)

P.s. Stock Denso SVT plug is the ITV20 (according to CFM).

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
thefrush said:
Mobil 1 Synthetic and Motorcraft Coppers.
I also have Ford Racing 9mm wires and they work great

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Im running the Denso ITV24's

·
Registered
21 Posts
do those iridium plugs actually help any? throttle response? mpg? or are they just for longer lasting plugs. From what i understand they have a much higher melting point which would help if you were running really high comp with dinitrogen oxide or mass amounts of boost but is there a benefit to running them with stock?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Did you really...I mean really...notice a difference with RP oil? Remember, its not a commercial, and you arent a paid actor...give us the goods...

·
Registered
356 Posts
How long do the Motorcraft coppers last? I have a set in my car for like a month now and love em... just currious how they hold up.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Like I said, I did so many things that i can't tell you that it was the oil all by itself. Maybe the plugs had a lot to do with it, maybe the wires did. All I know is that it feels much smoother and a bit quieter.

What I can tell you for a fact is that the tranny fluid is unbelieveable. That you can definitely feel and it was the only thing that I did to the tranny. The shifts are much smoother (so if it did that to my tranny, I have to think it did the same to my engine).

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hehehe Just a little FYI Castrol Full Synthetic and Quaker State Q Is the best of all the off the shelf oils. Motul Racing and Quaker State Racing are the best Full Synthetic racing Oils. (I know you all might be suprised by this as so was I) Has to do with the TYPE of Oil they use to make it. Ohhh as for the Tranny Fluid the Ford Fluid is superior to most off the shelf stuff anyways just to let you know. Its a blend developed by Getrag used in the F1 cars :) For Spark plugs make sure they are Motorcraft or Denso- None of the other companies sell the right plug for the SVT- Hence I am doing major motor work because of spark plugs. I'm running Denso ITV24's and would rather have a colder plug before a hotter one to destroy my engine :(

·
Registered
511 Posts
Don't know if I agree with you on the tranny fluid. Have you tried synchromax??? The difference is substantial.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts