Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently trying to figure out what i want to do next to my car power wise. I just got done installing a HPS CAI and can notice a difference. Now its got me wanting more but im not sure what to get. I am kinda wanting to know what other people did and i want to try and get the most power for my money. And just fyi, the car is a 2.3L PZEV.
thanks for the help. [thumb]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Getting an exhaust after getting an intake is always a good bet. Recommend getting a 2.5'' from MBRP or Trubendz. I recently purchased a 2.5" kit from MBRP since it was cheaper and I heard MBRP has outstanding customer service (which is true from my experience with them).

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
mbrp def your best bet for a great exhaust for the money! i honestly can't say enough for them. great looks, great sound and affordable.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
now, u said power-wise, so yes, id say the exhaust and/or header.

BUT ur question in the title was 'best mod for the money.' and i would have to say an upgraded dogbone mount. probly the single best overall drivability mod for the money. better shifts, braking, no wheel hop, much better takeoff, getting more power to the ground.

and u can get the steeda inserts pre-installed by mike at hilbish for 23.99.

that is all.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
an slr motorchip adds 50lbs of torque and 100 mpgs, also heard it makes the fwd act like awd. Its a steal at 70 dollars.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
best mod, lowering springs and shocks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Best mod for the money:
Engine - HPS CAI and Trubenz exhuast
Suspsension - Saleen suspension kit(if still available)

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
^^^^^
They don't make a k&n drop in for the duratec.
Pay attention to where you are posting please..........

·
Registered
537 Posts
i would have to concur with the exhaust. i also have the mbrp and love it. doing the intake and exhaust are like getting a whole new car. then work on your suspension and do what nemesis said with the dogbone mount.

·
Registered
290 Posts
IMO, the best mod for the money would have to be a short shifter, next to the intake.

·
Registered
54 Posts
IMO, the best mod for the money would have to be a short shifter, next to the intake.
From what I hear, it is better to get the lower motor mount before investing in a short shifter. However, you can get both a short shifter and the lower engine mount for less than a new exhaust.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Best mod for the money:
Engine - HPS CAI and Trubenz exhuast
Suspsension - Saleen suspension kit(if still available)
[werd] the saleen kit is AWESOME!!!

5,155 Posts
NAD23ZX3 said:
an slr motorchip adds 50lbs of torque and 100 mpgs, also heard it makes the fwd act like awd. Its a steal at 70 dollars.
I'm skeptical about this information for a few reasons:
- First, 50 (foot) lbs of torque...from a chip only? Sorry, but its not happening in a gas engine. Heck, most (any?) 4 cylinder diesels can't do that.
- Second, 100 MPG...impossible on any mass-produced car in the market today (in fact, it has yet to be achieved in any car that runs completely on gas that I know of, mass produced or built by some engineering nerd with way too much money and time on their hands).
- Third, makes FWD "act" like AWD? What is that supposted to mean? No more tires spinning when you dump the clutch? Getting traction to all 4 tires (without adding any necessary components of an AWD system)?

Sorry, but I have to call out a scam when I see one.

To the OP: I'd have to say the best mods for the money: header and exhaust. Adds that fun-to-drive factor, gives a slight bump in HP/TQ and a small increase in gas mileage (if you keep your foot out of it, that is).

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I'm skeptical about this information for a few reasons:
- First, 50 (foot) lbs of torque...from a chip only? Sorry, but its not happening in a gas engine. Heck, most (any?) 4 cylinder diesels can't do that.
- Second, 100 MPG...impossible on any mass-produced car in the market today (in fact, it has yet to be achieved in any car that runs completely on gas that I know of, mass produced or built by some engineering nerd with way too much money and time on their hands).
- Third, makes FWD "act" like AWD? What is that supposted to mean? No more tires spinning when you dump the clutch? Getting traction to all 4 tires (without adding any necessary components of an AWD system)?

Sorry, but I have to call out a scam when I see one.

To the OP: I'd have to say the best mods for the money: header and exhaust. Adds that fun-to-drive factor, gives a slight bump in HP/TQ and a small increase in gas mileage (if you keep your foot out of it, that is).
was a joke, except for the awd part!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts