Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What is the best fuel filter?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What fuel filter is the best? What is your preference? Which one preforms the best, traps the more trash?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
i bought a purolator for my svt... because it was pretty much what they had... the cool thing was when i opened the box the color of it EXACTLY matched the sonic blue of my car which was pretty trick...if only i got to see it other than when i go under the car..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think U can feel a difference ether way I just would hate to put one if that didn't filter very good. I don't want one that lets all kinds of crap get to my injectors. I once owned a car that would clog an injector once every 2-3 years.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Any, as long as it is made in the USA (or whatever country you happen to live in, for the readers who don't live in the USA) Motorcraft products generally meet my requirements.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
oem man...only way to go. get it from the factory.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought Ford used MotorCraft parts.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
they do, the filter name is all motorcraft, thats the oil filter i use, and for 3 bucks cant beat it[:)]

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
oem is the only way to go with any new ford [wrenchin]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok there have been a few replys for OEM, but what I was trying to say before, isn't that the same as putting on a MotorCraft filter. If I buy a MotorCraft from the parts store or if I goto Ford and buy a filter there, whats the difference besides the price?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've got a Wix sitting on the floor board of my car to install during my weekend (Which is Tue/Wed) ... Wix has always been a respected name in filtration, so when I was at O'Reiley's Parts when I was at my parents and they were an option, I took it.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Motorcraft. and doesnt getting one from the yard kinda defeat the purpose?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Why? No car is in the junkyard because the fuel filter is plugged up! Naaah... just joking...

But I was in a junkyard one time and a guy came in actually wanting to buy a set of spark plugs- Clark, the guy behind the counter, (and he was none too refined), just grunted and gestured toward the yard with his chin as only he could do. The customer heads toward the yard and stops, turns, and asks "What does one of these sparking plugs look like?" Let me tell you, we had some fun with him!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts