·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you put in a straight pipe in place of resonator ,what are the differences/

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
better performance and louder exhaust note. are you talking about the lunchbox at the end of the exhaust behind the bumper?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well the section between the muffler and the front of the car is most likely the catalytic converter, not the resonator. Unless you mean the actual muffler, at the middle of the car. The resonator is at the very back of the car. So what exactly are you talking about?

Also, the buzzing at high rpm's is the pissed off bumble bees, present in every single 4 cylinder car, but muffled from the factory.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya I have a straight pipe right under middle of car in front of muffler. Right behind the joint that is behind that flex whatever.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I had a straight pipe there for awhile. It sounded nice at idle and full throttle. But for just cruising around it got very annoying. No vibration or anything like that. Just a constant groan. I went with a Magnaflow resonator and made it more tolerable.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Whoever had mine before me took out everything but the lunchbox (dont ask me why). I also got cat issues as well but it does sound nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts