Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
kaoss21, Easy to tell ...Zetec's have the exhaust in front of the engine, Duratec's have the exhaust leaving the rear of the engine.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
how does the 60 series sound i have decided what series i want to do any suggestions
I'm not exactly sure if that's Flowmaster, but if it is, I know those are some loud mufflers. too loud for me anyway [grinking]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
oh yeah, though already established, the easiest way to find out what engine you have is to a) pop the hood. b) look right in the middle of the engine compartment c) find either the words "ZETEC" or "DURATEC"
*wishes he had an engine that ended with "TEC"* lol

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
how does the 60 series sound i have decided what series i want to do any suggestions
I like the sound of the 60 series. I've found out that the 60 series FM muffler is the only that will fit without major modification. I'm still running on the stock piping, but I deleted the center resonator and, obviously, replaced the lunchbox with the FM. Here's a sound clip for you:

Flowmaster 60 Series Exhaust Clip

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I like the duratec better only for one reason.. on FF the duratec chat is way better vs. the Ztec..lol. no but for real I think the duratec response better to bolt on's then the Ztec. But on the other hand the Duratec rats nest in side the engine bay on the other hand is horible. The Ztec is way cleaner the dtec so It's really opinion more that anything. But IMO I like the d-tec I have a 07 ZX3 and have minimal engine mods, OBX header, FS CAI, FS Exhaust, and on the way is a tune form Tom. W/ the eception of the tune all the bolt on's responded well and can't wait for the tune I'm tired of my CEL.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
oh yeah, though already established, the easiest way to find out what engine you have is to a) pop the hood. b) look right in the middle of the engine compartment c) find either the words "ZETEC" or "DURATEC"
*wishes he had an engine that ended with "TEC"* lol
And FYI it doesn't say duratec on the engine. But I think it does say Ztec on there's[poke]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
And FYI it doesn't say duratec on the engine. But I think it does say Ztec on there's[poke]
really?? huh that's depressing... but there's a brand new contour in our shop that says Duratec in big huge letters across the valve cover. lol [werd]

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
I'm not exactly sure if that's Flowmaster, but if it is, I know those are some loud mufflers. too loud for me anyway [grinking]
The 60 series isn't that loud. The 40 series are the ones that have the loud, aggressive sound.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
The 60 series isn't that loud. The 40 series are the ones that have the loud, aggressive sound.
ah... ok, those probably aren't that bad then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts