Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says what is better? I'm making a custom turbo kit. Pros and cons? Thanks in advance

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Read the turbo sticky... it should be covered in it.

Blow threw is best.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Hands down blowthrough , ALL good quality turbo kit should be blowthrough and the places trying to save every buck buts suckthrough

Blowthrough drives better , better throttle response etc

Tom

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And do I need the iat sensor to run a blowtrhu setup?

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
The IAT is built into the Duratec MAF....so put your MAF after the intercooler for best results metering the air and air temp.

In a suck through setup for the Duratec, the IAT must be relocated to after the intercooler. FSwerks kit provides the new sensor for that since the MAF is located before the turbo.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
blow thru

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I know is in the maf but I though the fswerks kit it was a blow thru and I'm basically doing my turbo kit in base of ur turbo build I only need to know were to get the vacuum lines from cause mine is a 2.0

The IAT is built into the Duratec MAF....so put your MAF after the intercooler for best results metering the air and air temp.

In a suck through setup for the Duratec, the IAT must be relocated to after the intercooler. FSwerks kit provides the new sensor for that since the MAF is located before the turbo.

Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts